1 trip or 2

Guest SGP SOM

Just been wondering if I should do 2 trips to the car this year, rather than take every thing in 1 go. In previous years we've done one trip which is back breaking especially with a 90 litre ruck sack and 6 man tent but at the same time its all done then. What do you guys think is better 1 trip or 2?

Unfortunately its my missus my 6 year old kid the others are turning up Friday. The other factor is having a 6 year old with us this year who may or may not get tired and start complaining after 10 minutes of walking with his own rucksack so might have to end up carrying his some how.

hmmmm that sounds potentially nightmarish! Bribe him with sweets and gifts - which will hopefully give him just enough sugar energy to get the the campsite - before addressing the sugar drop - but you'll be at the campsite by then!

As it stands at the moment I've already decided to do two.

Take the tent and camping bits, and then head off again for rucksack.

I almost died last year, and my poor mate had to keep stopping to throw up! :lol:

Really can't be arsed with all that again.

But until I finally pack the rucksack, tomorrow, I really won't know.

But I don't mind walking, the only thing that worries me is that I'll be stuck in a 2hr queue just to get back in again ... :blink:

Peace x

Load yourself up to your absolute limit - push yourself past said limit to get to site - do not repeat until return journey - If you can't carry it don't bring it.

If others are coming friday bring the bare minimum of what you need to bring until they can come with the rest of your stuff

I'll be doing everything in my power to make it one trip. Did two last year though and it wasnt too bad. We only camp in Dairy Ground, so it's 5 mins to the gate, ten mins to the car and back. Quite nice seeing all the other people arriving and giving them a hand with their stuff. Plus the others had the bbq going when we got back to the tents!

I'm arriving by coach this year so just the one trip for me.

In previous years it's been 2 trips. I've grown to love the hikes back to the car. I think that the harder the walks are the nicer the beer tastes when you're all set up. I wouldn't have it any other way now. Plus I treat my body like shit during the festival so it's the least I can do.