Wednesday Meet at the Cider Bus

Guest LusciousLucy

Would you like (name) labels at the meet to be able to find us and tell us apart folks?  

88 members have voted

1. 1. If so what type?

• Hand written names on labels when you are greeted
    • 'Mate'
    • 'Geek'
    • 'Friend'
    • 'Chum'
    • 'Efester'
    • No labels, just try your luck at finding faces/strangers in the crowd with nothing to tell them apart from the other 3000+ people in the area

Hi lovelies

With it being exactly 6pm and one week until we are back at our usual home and place of functionality - the Cider Bus, A Market, Glastonbury Festival and with it being apparent that there are people heading there, some who know each other and many who dont...

after saying I really wanted to take a year off from any labels and so on, I was just wondering if people wanted to have them or not? I know they make some people feel embarrassed but we do also know that while it lasts, they are a good icebreaker and good way to meet and greet fellow Efesters.

Its not a trouble for me to undertake but tbh, it would be a lot easier if just a label with 'Mate' or 'Efester' was made up purely so we can kind of spot each other in the crowd. It would then be down to yourselves to then state who you are without the embarrassment of having your username on your shirt.

You can see (hopefully) there is a poll...its my first so sorry if its crap.

Let me know what you think pretty please?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And for anyone who does not know what or who to look for and is worried or scared about meeting people they havent met physically and yet chat to for the other 51 weeks of the year outside of being at Glastonbury...

the simple instructions are:

After the Wednesday footy but definitly from 6pm the annual First Efests meet will be at the Cider Bus.

Generally we tend to congregate at the back of the area more closer to the white tented bar (to the left of the us if looking at it from the market road way).

Look for the large fluoro yellow flag that will be flying/drooping sadly near to the white tent bar. It reads 'Glastonbury Efestivals' and has a dancing man on it and a sparkly silver pyramid.

Some folk will have Efest tees on but dont be afraid to ask. Noone bites and noone will think it wrong or bad of you if you approach people.

If labels get the go ahead, then immediately aproach someone with a computer white label on them and introduce yourself, smile, chat, laugh, banter...have an awesome time making new friends and catching up with old.

DONT BE AFRAID.

PLEASE DONT STAY AT THE EDGES.

NOONE BITES.

WE ARE ALL FRIENDS WITH THE GREATEST THING AND LOVE IN COMMON.

We all look forward to meeting anyone and everyone who makes it along.

Its easy going, fun, should in no way be daunting and erm...Hot and Spicy to get down into your tum!

I raise my H&S pint to you all and see you in a week.

(Not Luscious) JUST Lucy xxx

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whilst the idea of wearing a name-tag or distinguishing mark would be good for recognising each other, there is also an aspect of exclusivity. It's almost "you're not an eFester? oh, well, I'll be over here talking to these internet folk"

We could stick to having eFest flags, a few tshirts and a few nametags if people want to wear them, but not having everyone wear them to allow more mingling with non eFesters.

Oh, and Luscious is clearly back, loving it. :D

i voted name labels but i'm not really bothered. i'm not worried about finding people, i'll probably recognise a few faces anyway.

if there's going to be a flag then it should look pretty obvious to efesters who are coming to their first meet and don't know anyone.

I like user names being used, im better at reading a name then understanding it said (in some cases Ive mispronounced a name in my head, so having it said to me = not realising who they actually are. :ph34r::lol: )

I understand its alot of bother tho Lucy, so not overly fussed.

I like user names being used, im better at reading a name then understanding it said (in some cases Ive mispronounced a name in my head, so having it said to me = not realising who they actually are. :ph34r::lol: )

I'm sure if a few people bring marker pens then people can write their own usernames! I would volunteer to write them but my dyspraxic scribble would help noone!

This is good guys. Thanks very much.

I might look into making some labels with the dancing man on and then you can fill your own names in. I'll just have my eyes peeled for intros and greetings for lost looking bunnies.

The Luscious one IS staying at home or at least back at the tent as much as possible. I dont really like her very much and I am pretty sure some of you dont either. Lucy is a nicer person if you try to get to know her better.

Dont blame me though if that mad bitch makes an appearance once the witching hour passes and plenty of H&S has flowed ;)

Name labels.. it's much more fun once they start getting swapped about :P