How much Cash to a take?

Guest Dirty_Dave

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was just having a chat to my sis who is a glasto virgin this year, she wondered about how much mullah to take and if there was cash machines there.... I have never used the cash machine, take roughly £200 which lasts me fine, but I told her the Q's at the m/c's can be horrendous, was wondering if any of you peeps know if the cash machines stay open through the night, are they 24hrs??

She gets paid during the festival and thinks she might need a top up.......

Was just having a chat to my sis who is a glasto virgin this year, she wondered about how much mullah to take and if there was cash machines there.... I have never used the cash machine, take roughly £200 which lasts me fine, but I told her the Q's at the m/c's can be horrendous, was wondering if any of you peeps know if the cash machines stay open through the night, are they 24hrs??

She gets paid during the festival and thinks she might need a top up.......

MMm, do not drink and buy

Me and a friend bought another friend a 2 ft stained glass and brass Morrocan lampshade for her birthday that unfortunately fell when we were there.

She absolutely loved it but was cursing a bit when it came to carrying it back to the car. :P

Wooo Hoooo!

Just counted up my Glasto fund (a whisky bottle tin that I've been throwing change in since about November last year) and guess what? A gnat's pube short of £300! That's me sorted an the missus is well happy that I won't have to dent the savings. Life's good.

It's not asking how much money you spend though - it's asking how much money you take.

If I take a 6.99 bottle of vodka with me -firstly that's not money i'm taking, and secondly, it's the equivalent of about 90 quid in shots bought off stalls!

Like I said - i had 200 in my pocket last year and would've spent it if I'd wanted but I never had the need to, and I didn't scrounge off anyone & I didn't do without anything I wanted either!

I reckon I'll be bringing £300-350 to the festival itself.

Flying down to Bristol on the Tuesday, so will lift £400 out then, have a decent meal, a few pints and buy some supplies. Whatever is left from that should be enough to last the five days.

I've based this on various other festivals, however i'm a first timer at Glastonbury. With limited scope for brining my own drink, this could end up being horribly short. :ph34r:

I reckon I'll be bringing £300-350 to the festival itself.

Flying down to Bristol on the Tuesday, so will lift £400 out then, have a decent meal, a few pints and buy some supplies. Whatever is left from that should be enough to last the five days.

I've based this on various other festivals, however i'm a first timer at Glastonbury. With limited scope for brining my own drink, this could end up being horribly short. :ph34r:

You should be fine with that amount, last year was my first and I spent £350 on alcohol and some food . I could of done it on alot less as I took booze with me but hardly touched it the whole festival,but it was my first time and I didn't care what I was spending.I will probably end up doing the same this year. :D

Last year I had £220 when I walked through the gate, I ate a couple of meals a day, bought a sunhat and enjoyed a few drinks each day, walked out with a tenner for petrol and enough for 2 ice creams. I didn't go mad, budgeted well and only just made it. This year I'm taking my daughter, was previously aiming for £400 but now looking like I may have as much as £600. I don't intend to spend it all, but I have done LOADS of skint festivals for years and it will be great to be able to eat or drink whenever I want to without worrying I'll be starving come sunday.