Portable Charger

Guest StoneCircle

Good to know as I just ordered one for my desire as well. Would be good to know how many charges you can get out of it ?

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn. I wish I'd read about the Ted Baker thing yesterday - as I bought this (Veho Pebble Charger) off Amazon yesterday which seems to be much the same thing but 5000 mAH rather than 3400mAH for the Ted Baker - but at a cost:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003F5W...ref=oss_product

I wanted one of these as I can use it to charge A) the old phone, B) the iPod Touch, C) an absolutely genius little speaker I picked up last month called the XMI X-Mini II which charges by USB, has kick-arse sound in a golf ball size, and the battery lasts for-bloody-ever:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001UEB...ref=oss_product

It's a bit of a risk taking the iPod in addition to the phone, but I reckon it'll be alright if I keep it with me.

This might be stating the bleeding obvious and all ready posted (too many pages to go through them all :P ) , but its just as cheap to buy a couple of spare phone batteries.... i just got two on amazon for a tenner. Three batteries should last the whole fest easy.... :rolleyes:

It's got a really good camera on it so I would be using it quite a lot :unsure:

It's got a stupidly small battery for the type of phone and the amount of power required by it, really cant see the point in making phones with all these fancy apps and other things on them and then not supply a sufficiant enough battery

Hi everyone - I actually registered on this forum just to reply to this thread, so, er, hi :)

Here's what I did last year, and quite frankly, its genius..

First of all, some background knowledge- I work in an industry that allows me to get all this stuff for free, infact I made it with stuff that was lying around on our store room, but either way, its inexpensive..

All you need is a largeish 12v battery, and a car charger, and some wire.

Get a battery like this.. http://www.sdfirealarms.co.uk/shop/np2812y...BProduct%20Feed . As you can see its pretty small and doesnt weigh too much, but it will charge your, and all your mates phones all weekend, easily.

Then just wire it through a switch (I used the cable from a table lamp which had a built in switch) Then either connect that either directly to the correct car charger for your phone, or to a car charger socket so your mates can bring their car chargers and use it too. No need to add a fuse as car chargers have one built in usually.

I used a 7ah battery last year (way too big but it's all I could get my hands on), and it charged my iPhone about 5 times and all of my mates phones too.

But, whatever you do.. TAKE IT HOME WITH YOU. Dispose of it properly. Do not put it in a bin when your finished with it, or leave it anywhere on the site, cos I'll personally curse you forever. and ever. and ever.

Have fun, much love.

Ben

Hi everyone - I actually registered on this forum just to reply to this thread, so, er, hi :)

Here's what I did last year, and quite frankly, its genius..

First of all, some background knowledge- I work in an industry that allows me to get all this stuff for free, infact I made it with stuff that was lying around on our store room, but either way, its inexpensive..

All you need is a largeish 12v battery, and a car charger, and some wire.

I have the HTC s710 and just used my normal USB to mini USB lead, pretty sure my other half used the one that came with it though and we have matching phones.

edit: It somes with the same lead too, connect the USB to the TED out and the mini USB to your phone, unless on the Desire the connections differ?

:)

Edited by StoneCircle

I have the HTC s710 and just used my normal USB to mini USB lead, pretty sure my other half used the one that came with it though and we have matching phones.

edit: It somes with the same lead too, connect the USB to the TED out and the mini USB to your phone, unless on the Desire the connections differ?

:)