Rolf Harris, Tinchy Stryder and Yeovil Town Band announced as Pyramid openers

Guest gibble

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, what a load of bollocks that is eh.

"Yes, we can finally reveal the line-up for Glastonbury Festival 2010. "This is it!" says Michael Eavis. "The most staggering line up to match the 40-year reputation of the Festival."

"... Most staggering line up" Is also bollocks. Last years was better in my opinion. If they'd have really tried, really went all out, I think they could've secured some special performances, the festival has got a lot of admirers and a lot of old friends. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe they spoke to every big act under the sun about playing lower down the bill, but whatever.

Rolf Harris, whatever way you look at it, is a novelty act. He's a tit with a wobbly board ruining Led Zeppelin classics, shame really. To whoever said he was the "best performance of last years festival", I wish I could go back in time and suggest you see some better acts mate.

You know what, you're absolutely right, I've just checked on the Internet.

War in Iraq, Global economic meltdown and the world environmental catastrophe, it's all down to Tinchy

Curse you Stryder!!!!

*shakes fist*

Rolf - Great opener.

Tinchy - Utter shit.

Yeovil Town Band - No opinion either way.

I was hoping for Thom Yorke, Them Crooked Vultures and Rolf personally. Rolf will be great but I don't get the other two. It seems like this year has all the right acts but they're all in the wrong slots if that makes any sense?

I do wonder if they at least tried to book all the big acts on the basis of it being the 40th and simply got turned down. They seemingly tried for the Stones but I wonder if there was any real attempt to get Zeppelin (or even just Plant) or even acts like Coldplay/Radiohead.

I still love the lineup mind.

Edited by Zacko

nah, not while there's stuff like this around:

Serj Trouserdale Posted Today, 02:13 PM

QUOTE (ThomThomDrum @ May 11 2010, 03:08 PM) *

What they argue that he represents rape, murder, paedophilia, famine, war, environmental disasters, consumer credit, far right politics, greed? People actually get that from his music?

I doubt they meant he is a paedophilia or a rapist. I think they might have a point on some of the other issues you raised.

I think they do have a point, most of the things you mention are driven by greed, and he most certainly does represent that. No offence to the guy. He is just a money making puppet. Personally I'd just put him out of the way with all the other of them sort of acts. Chipmunk, N-Dubs and the like. Peace.

Yeovil Town Band will make an interesting house band for someone, no idea who, but they will.

ah, I'm forgetting about all those altruistic rock types, that aren't motivated by money. They play for the love of it. The Stones (cancelled UK dates to avoid paying the taxman), The Who (notoriously tight) , U2 (don't get me started), The Kinks ('The taxman's taken all my dough'... ah diddums) etc etc etc

all them sort of acts you mean? :P

ah, I'm forgetting about all those altruistic rock types, that aren't motivated by money. They play for the love of it. The Stones (cancelled UK dates to avoid paying the taxman), The Who (notoriously tight) , U2 (don't get me started), The Kinks ('The taxman's taken all my dough'... ah diddums) etc etc etc

all them sort of acts you mean? :P

I think they do have a point, most of the things you mention are driven by greed, and he most certainly does represent that. No offence to the guy. He is just a money making puppet. Personally I'd just put him out of the way with all the other of them sort of acts. Chipmunk, N-Dubs and the like. Peace.