Glastonbury Photography

Guest George Saguna

I can pull off the poncho hunchback look quite well :D

I got proper battery worry today and been looking around at the cost of spares, I think I have enough - 4 real ones and 1 fake but im still panicking. I must stop worrying!

Im hoping to make the meet (it'll be my first efests one) :)

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are some of my Glastonbury efforts from 2009: http://www.flickr.com/photos/j_hunt/sets/72157623390546480/

and a few of my other gig photos here: http://cargocollective.com/hereandnowphotos#264668/gigs

Some nice photos there 'James' ;)

I just had to look at your gig photos & love the snaps of Buzzcocks & New Model Army. Great photography of great artists! Afraid some in there I didn't recognise! :lol:

And, erm, your real name isn't actually James ? :rolleyes:

Edited by jameshunt

Yes, I realise that James, I just find it amusing that someone pointed it out as if it was something unusual.

Just out of curiosity what lens were you using for the jazzworld stage shots, as I seem to remember that like me you shoot a d700.

Cheers

Ian

Edited

In the spirit of the thread and showing some of our shots from last year I've now got a small selection processed and they can be seen Glasto 09 Images

The Nikkor 70-200 f/2.8 VR (the older model not the VRII that came out recently).

Very nice set Ian! Really nailed the exposure on the one with the woman with the harpoon gun and flames coming out of the top. I do like Smugmug's interface, so much better than Flickr where I stick a lot of my shots.

I am taking (once again) my trusty Canon 40D, 17-40mm F4L, 24-105mm F4L, and a little Powershot S90 for video / backup / late nights. Unsure whether I can be arsed lugging around the 70-200mm F2.8L + 1.4x extender so will probably end up bringing a compromise non-pro lens (70-300mm) but it's not image-stabilised and while 300mm would be nice for stage shots I know it's not really going to do the trick at night.

In other news I just got published in the Glasto Reader's Gallery section on the Guardian website today:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/gallery/20...cture=363541088

Hey congrats on the publication, enjoyed looking through them.

It's always bound to be a compromise with the lens choice, I must admit I tend to go for a 70-300 myself which likewise is a consumer lens but does have vr. The problem is it's very slow 4.5/5.6 max aperture which means you've got to really push the iso at night.

Edited by aardvark69

I am taking (once again) my trusty Canon 40D, 17-40mm F4L, 24-105mm F4L, and a little Powershot S90 for video / backup / late nights. Unsure whether I can be arsed lugging around the 70-200mm F2.8L + 1.4x extender so will probably end up bringing a compromise non-pro lens (70-300mm) but it's not image-stabilised and while 300mm would be nice for stage shots I know it's not really going to do the trick at night.

In other news I just got published in the Glasto Reader's Gallery section on the Guardian website today:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/gallery/20...cture=363541088

Edited by George Saguna

James Hunt

Fantastic photographs! I sooooooo want a D700, currently saving the horrendous amount that they cost. What lenses do you use?

The photographs of the Stranglers really show what the camera can do in low light and the night time shots too. I love the ones of the stone circle at sunset, you've really captured it. I remember seeing that blow up doll on the flagpole! The burner in Arcadia one is fab. Anyway, shall I go on?..... I love your photographs, thanks for sharing.

James Hunt

Fantastic photographs! I sooooooo want a D700, currently saving the horrendous amount that they cost. What lenses do you use?

The photographs of the Stranglers really show what the camera can do in low light and the night time shots too. I love the ones of the stone circle at sunset, you've really captured it. I remember seeing that blow up doll on the flagpole! The burner in Arcadia one is fab. Anyway, shall I go on?..... I love your photographs, thanks for sharing.

Ooh I want one of those 85mm f/1.4's too. Cost about £800 I think (faint!). Good old wives and husbands...my hubby has given my money towards the D700, but I'm still only half way there. Darn it! I'm still on a D70 at the mo and finding it incredibly limiting for natural light portraits, which is where I want to go with my photography. Yeah I can't do anything above about 400 ISO on my D70 indoors without loads of noise...so frustrating, at least you're way ahead of me on that one.

I saw the Stranglers a looooong time ago at a festival in Plymouth. Blimey it was about half my lifetime ago. God I feel old now. Anyway, I'm going to do Fatboy Slim on the Friday and Empire of the Sun on the Sunday so that should make me feel young again.

Ooh I want one of those 85mm f/1.4's too. Cost about £800 I think (faint!). Good old wives and husbands...my hubby has given my money towards the D700, but I'm still only half way there. Darn it! I'm still on a D70 at the mo and finding it incredibly limiting for natural light portraits, which is where I want to go with my photography. Yeah I can't do anything above about 400 ISO on my D70 indoors without loads of noise...so frustrating, at least you're way ahead of me on that one.

I saw the Stranglers a looooong time ago at a festival in Plymouth. Blimey it was about half my lifetime ago. God I feel old now. Anyway, I'm going to do Fatboy Slim on the Friday and Empire of the Sun on the Sunday so that should make me feel young again.

ive never been brave enough to take my camera to glasto, but this year shall be different! Im taking my old camera. im far too clumsy and would probably kill my trusty d60 if i took that.

Although not glastonbury related heres my website and blog :)

http://missamygray.com/

http://missamygray.blogspot.com/

i will be sure to showcase my gatherings from festival shenanigans come the 28th.

having a suitable camera to take this year is probably what im most looking forward too :D