Glastonbury Photography

Guest George Saguna

lets see how many of you guys running around with a camera on Worthy Farm can post links to their works. I have seen a lot of amazing work form photographers I have met and made friends with at Glasto. And lets see if we can make new friends this year around.

So this one here is the link to my blog where I have been posting some work from last years Glasto

http://workingwithlight.wordpress.com/2010...d-white-glasto/

http://workingwithlight.wordpress.com/2010...n-other-glasto/

hope you enjoy

Edited by George Saguna

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ethereal, if the photo is for you, the quality of it is not that important, its the memories it contains that make it work. Keeping things simple makes photography better. What is great about Glasto is that every one is so relaxed and in for a ball, no one really minds when you do take a portrait of them. It sounds more difficult that it really is. A smile works miracles, don't forget the logo of the festival, it says "Festival of Contemporary and Performing Arts"

Jameshunt some great photos. Lovely work. Hope to meet every one up there this year. We should try to make some sort of project. Does any one have any suggestions. This is an other link to some other photos I had converted to black and white

http://workingwithlight.wordpress.com/2010/03/25/glasto-2/

I wish to do some photography in Shangrilla, the place is amazing and the subjects there are just out of this world, just like tash city just like mad max

Edited by George Saguna

Jameshunt some great photos. Lovely work. Hope to meet every one up there this year. We should try to make some sort of project. Does any one have any suggestions. This is an other link to some other photos I had converted to black and white

http://workingwithlight.wordpress.com/2010/03/25/glasto-2/

I wish to do some photography in Shangrilla, the place is amazing and the subjects there are just out of this world, just like tash city just like mad max

Thanks George. Enjoyed viewing your photos as well.

Project - yes..... I often have that intention but then after a smoke or two and a few real ales from the Red Flag bar and such plans tend to go out of the window. :P

Perhaps a photographers' get-together on the Wed or Thurs to sink a pint or three would be a good idea?

What do you think? How many of you have applied for a press pass and have been turned down? How many of you would be willing to work as a team to cover the event and bring up a site together that would be the envy of Glastonbury festival itself? Let see if we can get enough people with the know how to get this thing going. We might, just might be given our press passes next year hehe, who knows.

No single photographer can cover the event on his own due to the size of the event. But if we do get to work together we might get some thing which hasn't been done before by freelance photographers.

Come on lets see who is up for it

Edited by George Saguna

Enjoing looking through all these too

I usually spend the whole of Thursday wondering round taking pics. of the more cultural stuff (usually spend the day feeling like the only teetotal person on-site too, ha). Not taken the DSLR before but might do this year and use the lock-ups.

Whats everyone using? Nikon D60 and Panasonic FZ38 compact here.

Edited by ethereal

I use two Canon 40D, but I might upgrade one of the cameras just before the festival as I wish to lower the noise. The canon 5D sounds like a good option for me at the moment. I need to solve one problem though, need to charge my camera batteries, taking 6 of them with me but they dont seem to last much especially with the IS on the 70 200 lens.

The battery on my 30D lasts forever with the 17-55 f/2.8 IS lens. It is a genuine Canon battery though and I keep it stored in the fridge when not in use (helps slow the capacity reduction over time). I also have some clone batteries, I find they don't last very long at all.

I'd like to get the 5D MarkII, noise is the main thing I don't like to see.

Well to tell all the truth I am a bit of a happy trigger. Last year I went through 80gig of memory cards, and thats because I started taking JPGs on the last few cards. I am used to taking raw. I agree with you that the original batteries last much more but believe me I need some sort of charger or more batteries. One time there used to be a recharging stall some were around next to Kids Filed. Does any one know if it will be there around this year.

What do you think? How many of you have applied for a press pass and have been turned down? How many of you would be willing to work as a team to cover the event and bring up a site together that would be the envy of Glastonbury festival itself? Let see if we can get enough people with the know how to get this thing going. We might, just might be given our press passes next year hehe, who knows.

lets see how many of you guys running around with a camera on Worthy Farm can post links to their works. I have seen a lot of amazing work form photographers I have met and made friends with at Glasto. And lets see if we can make new friends this year around.

So this one here is the link to my blog where I have been posting some work from last years Glasto

http://workingwithlight.wordpress.com/2010...n-other-glasto/

hope you enjoy

Edited by Deepsky