Glastonbury Photography

Guest George Saguna

Fab photos going on here :)

Im bringing my kit for the first time this year - Nikon D80 with a 10-20mm, 18-200mm and a 70-300mm. I found insurance that will cover me at the festival in case of theft. Normally I would just be wielding my compact but im too excited this year to just bring that.

Any advice on how to store equipment in the lock ups? I was thinking camera bag with a bin liner wrapped around it.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fab photos going on here :)

Im bringing my kit for the first time this year - Nikon D80 with a 10-20mm, 18-200mm and a 70-300mm. I found insurance that will cover me at the festival in case of theft. Normally I would just be wielding my compact but im too excited this year to just bring that.

Any advice on how to store equipment in the lock ups? I was thinking camera bag with a bin liner wrapped around it.

Okay guys and gals.

We're on for The Photographers' Meet!

Day: Wednesday the 23rd of June

Where: The Bimble Inn, The Park (it looks like a number of tipis joined together and is in the main drag)

Time: 5pm to 5:30ish arrival to whenever people get bored/drunk/whisked off by their spouses etc.

Dress code: Wear a camera! Anything else is optional. ;)

See you all there!!! Use this thread to indicate whether you might be attending or not. I know a few already have on previous pages.

Great images everyone. :) Ive been lurking in this thread up until now, but thought it was time to introduce myself. :)

I am a keen amateur and this will be my first year at Glasto with a DSLR. Im bringing my Nikon D90, a 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 VR, a 50mm f/1.8, plus a tripod and some cool Strobist accessories for my SB800 flash. Im not really interested in band/main stage photography but I would like to capture lots of candids of people and random little scenes (using off-camera flash for more dynamic lighting as much as poss) plus all those little details that make Glastonbury what it is.

In year gone by Ive only taken a little Lumix point-and-shoot so Im really looking forward to having greater control over depth of field that my D90 will give me (esp with the 50mm f/1.8 attached).

If I could make one suggestion to all DSLR users, it would be to invest in a circular Polariser filter - for about £20 or so, these can make a huuuuge difference to your photos, increasing colour saturation immensely in bright sunlight....of which there will obviously be loads. B)

Anyway, will try to pop along to the meet and say hello. :)

I hope to attend this meeting. Hopefully see you all in The Bimble Inn in The Park, sometime around 1700.

The only caveat, is that I had plans to meet people last year around that time on the Wednesday, but due to the massive traffic queues all my plans got thrown out.

I hope to attend this meeting. Hopefully see you all in The Bimble Inn in The Park, sometime around 1700.

The only caveat, is that I had plans to meet people last year around that time on the Wednesday, but due to the massive traffic queues all my plans got thrown out.

looks like the thing is finally getting together and will soon be placing faces instead of avatars.

Was thinking about some thing today, what do you think if we had to get together and work on some sort of exhibition next year of our work in one of the many tents. Could ask around whilst on site and see what people might say?

Any Ideas?? Maybe some one has some contact to whom we might have a word with?

looks like the thing is finally getting together and will soon be placing faces instead of avatars.

Was thinking about some thing today, what do you think if we had to get together and work on some sort of exhibition next year of our work in one of the many tents. Could ask around whilst on site and see what people might say?

Any Ideas?? Maybe some one has some contact to whom we might have a word with?

Certainly think it's worth discussing over a few pints but probably a bit of a stretch to bring a portfolio down to the meet.

In terms of asking people on site, by all means worth a try but at the end of the day I think anybody who may have any influence, is going to be well tied up making sure this year's event runs smoothly.

To be honest the idea of promoting an exhibition of Glasto images is a target I've set myself anyway but I was going to try and do this locally in my own area.

At the end of the day it will be worth putting our heads together to see if it could be done, as to be honest I'd never thought of trying to exhibit at the festival itself.

One thing for sure, is that the best chance we're going to have, is by shooting some unique and memorable images this year. There could be an interesting angle if the amateurs could be seen to out shoot or at least match the output from the pros.

At the very least it's going to be good to put faces to the user names and if we can put the photographic world to rights over a few beers as well all the better ;)

Cheers

Ian

Well as you are saying it might be a little of a problem to get some work along with us. What we can do though is to set a site or blog were we can put the best work together and passing the link over to people who are interested. I might pull some strings here and there to see how we can promote the idea.

Well as you are saying it might be a little of a problem to get some work along with us. What we can do though is to set a site or blog were we can put the best work together and passing the link over to people who are interested. I might pull some strings here and there to see how we can promote the idea.

Edited by TheBigJT

Some amazing shots both here and on the /index.php?showtopic=136701">'Your favorite Glasto images' thread. Loved looking through to add to the already rapidly growing, Glasto-fever brewing inside me!

I've just ordered a Canon S90 to bring along. Never liked the idea of bringing an SLR before, so I really cannot wait to capture some amazing moments with my new, pocketable friend.

I'm a complete beginner but can't wait to take some more photos this year.

I've been using a point and shoot up until now but I've just bought myself a Canon 50D and can't wait to get stuck in. I wasn't originally going to take it but having read about how good the property lock-ups are I'm going to risk it and probably treat the Thursday as a day to wander about the more interesting parts of the site and take some shots.

I've got 2 weeks to learn how to use this damn thing :unsure:

I'm a complete beginner but can't wait to take some more photos this year.

I've been using a point and shoot up until now but I've just bought myself a Canon 50D and can't wait to get stuck in. I wasn't originally going to take it but having read about how good the property lock-ups are I'm going to risk it and probably treat the Thursday as a day to wander about the more interesting parts of the site and take some shots.

I've got 2 weeks to learn how to use this damn thing :unsure:

I'll try to get to the meet, I'll have to leave my mates and run over after the football, assuming we get in on time. No politics, I promise :)

Quick quesiton about lenses. After getting lots of advice on the Talk Photography Forums I went for 2 lenses, a Tamron 17-50 f2.8 and a Canon 50mm f1.8. Is it worth the hassle of bringing them both and having to carry/change them or should I just bring one of them?

I can pull off the poncho hunchback look quite well :D

I got proper battery worry today and been looking around at the cost of spares, I think I have enough - 4 real ones and 1 fake but im still panicking. I must stop worrying!

Im hoping to make the meet (it'll be my first efests one) :)