If rumours are true

Guest iammonky

I know Arcade Fire are a dead cert to play, but do people SERIOUSLY think they're a big enough or good enough band to warrant a main stage headline slot? Don't get me wrong, they're good, but they ain't that good.

Hopefully FR won't bother with MCR as a headliner. Terrible live band with weak music. If they do that they're gonna have to redeem themselves by having one or two really strong headliners on the other stages e.g The Cribs.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know Arcade Fire are a dead cert to play, but do people SERIOUSLY think they're a big enough or good enough band to warrant a main stage headline slot? Don't get me wrong, they're good, but they ain't that good.

Hopefully FR won't bother with MCR as a headliner. Terrible live band with weak music. If they do that they're gonna have to redeem themselves by having one or two really strong headliners on the other stages e.g The Cribs.

Are you nuts?

Dizzee has headlined the NME tent before,played Reading a fair few times aswell as all the other major festivals and always had a fantastic response so i think we can all agree that he is accepted at Reading.

As well as that he has had 3 critically acclaimed albums which have topped the charts,number 1 singles,responsible for afew tunes that have truely crossed all divides and been EVERYWHERE from clubs,festivals,student unions to be performed by a f**king orchestra at one point.Massive commercial success aswell as critical.

You're honestly trying to tell me that Pendulum have more appeal?

Probably unlikely, but does anyone else agree that Elbow before Arcade Fire would be the perfect combination?

It's exceedingly unlikely.

Elbow aren't taking bookings for this summer. The only way they'll appear on festie bills this summer according to Guy Garvey is if they get the album finished earlier than they expect to, and then get offered a late booking - but even then it's only a 'might'.

It's exceedingly unlikely.

Elbow aren't taking bookings for this summer. The only way they'll appear on festie bills this summer according to Guy Garvey is if they get the album finished earlier than they expect to, and then get offered a late booking - but even then it's only a 'might'.

In short yes.

Number 1 albums don't quantify crossover appeal either.

Yeah hes accepted at R/L, I'm not debating that.

But from people I've met you either like Dizzee and his style or you don't.

Whereas people who like specific genres only, tend to enjoy pendulum when they are played, I think IMO there an easy act to listen too and cross many genres, because they haven't really got a specific genre or taget audience.

Dizzee is a bigger act then Pendulum.

But Pendulum imo would get a higher slot then Dizzee - the organises will always have the whole 50 Cent debacle in the back of their mind and putting a rapper second top of the mainstage risks a repeat. Pendulum have a huge cross appeal and would draw a massive crowd without the risk of any fan backlash.

I think they'll definitely be the 2nd / 3rd of one day (Probably under Arcade Fire)... ordering them is tight imo.

Hold on....

I never said he wasn't, I know hes a more popular act. But you have to remember a lot of his fans are very pop orientated.

I just said its more likely that its a stone wall like him or don't like.

So more people would probably specifically go out there way to not see him, them would with pendulm.

Whereas a lot more people don't straightout like or dislike pendulum its more of a I'll see them if nothing else is on type of thing. I.e they appeal to the masses.

Dizzee is a bigger act then Pendulum.

But Pendulum imo would get a higher slot then Dizzee - the organises will always have the whole 50 Cent debacle in the back of their mind and putting a rapper second top of the mainstage risks a repeat.

If your last paragraph were true then the entire festival would be boring and uninspired,why bother attending and watching bands who ''they'll do as nothing else is on i know/like''.

This ''stone wall like or don't like'' is true of many bands such as My Chemical Romance,Radiohead,Metallica and it hasn't stopped them being placed in high positions before.

Dizzee would command a higher billing than Pendulum mate,no doubts about it.

I have my doubts.... At most other festivals yes. At r&l I'd say they were about on the same footing tbh.

The paragraph should read like. Pendulum still have there fans just like dizzee, they will be many people wanting to see them. In the event that people have just seen A.N Other band if pendulum came on I would say the majority would stay unless they had someone they really wanted to see. If Dizzee came on in my opinion people would walk to see others instead of watching Dizzee(apart from fans, which he has many of).

I disagree as most people know his songs due to his commercial success and odds are the majority would have danced to his tunes in clubs and student nights and the like and would probably stay just to see what he was like live.

Aswell as that you have his own fans and i suspect his crowd would be big.

I have my doubts.... At most other festivals yes. At r&l I'd say they were about on the same footing tbh.

The paragraph should read like. Pendulum still have there fans just like dizzee, they will be many people wanting to see them. In the event that people have just seen A.N Other band if pendulum came on I would say the majority would stay unless they had someone they really wanted to see. If Dizzee came on in my opinion people would walk to see others instead of watching Dizzee(apart from fans, which he has many of).