Big worry about raising remaining monies to be paid.

Guest LusciousLucy

A lot of my friends dropped out of university to apply to a different one and had little choice but to go on JSA, £50 a week isn't much when you're parents ask for rent which is at least half of that! Lucy, however, hasn't even claimed jobseekers in over 6 months, so I don't know how she could have saved £130 of thin air...

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Give up on the third rate trolling Mr 'I Understand the Value of Money' changing the subject is a bit primary school debating standard isn't it?

I thought we were talking about someone in the UK on JSA. You seem to be implying JSA could be a lot lower as the cost of living elsewhere in the world is much less? Sounding more Tory with every post.

None of your business I'm sure, but what makes you assume that other people's parents can afford to keep their adult offspring without any contribution to bills?

Why don't you just be big about it and admit your original post was rude, patronising and full of supposition and then go back to fingering your copy of the Conservative manifesto?

Lucy - have you considered working for CTM at the festival? If I were you I'd take up the offers of help, but I can understand your dilemma, so that could be an alternative? Having said that, I've just had their terms and conditions through for Glastonbury (luckily we just manage to scrape enough together to pay off the balance so we won;t have to go down that route) - they are pretty shit!

Hope it all works out ok for you.

CTM - www.cashandtrafficmanagement.com

Hope you get it sorted. The jamseyboy household has just had a big discussion about it and we all agree that life is too short and you need to make the most of it. Consider your options and if need be think about working during the festival.....I know its not ideal but its an option.

Hope you get it sorted.

How about we all chip it a quid, there's bound to be 150 peeps on here that would chip in a quid for a fellow Glasto lover?

As for the getting any job thing - to be honest at this stage it is probably a bit late? Even if you could get a job say tomorrow, by the time they get round to paying you it would be too late!

I say we all chip in £1 and get Lucy to Glasto!! :P

Lucy - I'll get you your first pint at the Riflesmans too!! :P

How about we all chip it a quid, there's bound to be 150 peeps on here that would chip in a quid for a fellow Glasto lover?

As for the getting any job thing - to be honest at this stage it is probably a bit late? Even if you could get a job say tomorrow, by the time they get round to paying you it would be too late!

Lucy , go pull a football player over the weekend then ring Max Clifford first thing monday

morning.

Chose the team carefully tho Pilton FC would not be a good start !

:P

On a more serious note hop things work out !

Ok lets get this back into the real world here -

Lucy, i'm sorry for your hardship and I hope you sort something, but come on folks - how many others do you think are in this situation? We're very lucky that we can pay a deposit for a ticket with MONTHS to save and pay the balance.

I have a few good friends who couldn't get tickets and believe me they are gutted, ie, it's one of life's disappointments that are hard but recoverable from.

And what of those that have some unforseen nightmare and can't go?

I'm sorry but I don't agree with this "everyone give a £1" crap - I LOVE Glasto but sometimes we can't always get what we want.

Try your best to pay your deposit, or simply start saving for next year and make sure that you avoid being in this position again.