volunteering/litter picking at this years festival?

Guest iionzii

I worked with Stuart Security on my own last year and had a great time. the work is very very dull, but not hard. Either sat down for 8 hours or stood up for 8 hours!

I would never have been able to afford a ticket, and I think on the whole weekend I spent £50, so came out with a profit.

They have their own nice(ish- before sunday anyway) toilets and showers, as well as £2 meals.

Their campsite was about 5 minutes walk from Ped Gate B last year, though they said that was the first year they had been there.

If anyone is going with them I recommend getting there before about 3 on Tuesday as the registration was getting very busy and some people were still queueing at 2am...

I'm doing it again this year but taking friends. :P

Edited by darkfish

I worked with Stuart Security on my own last year and had a great time. the work is very very dull, but not hard. Either sat down for 8 hours or stood up for 8 hours!

I would never have been able to afford a ticket, and I think on the whole weekend I spent £50, so came out with a profit.

They have their own nice(ish- before sunday anyway) toilets and showers, as well as £2 meals.

Their campsite was about 5 minutes walk from Ped Gate B last year, though they said that was the first year they had been there.

If anyone is going with them I recommend getting there before about 3 on Tuesday as the registration was getting very busy and some people were still queueing at 2am...

I'm doing it again this year but taking friends. :P

• 3 months later...
So i have been acccepted to work at Glasto!! Yay!!!

Working in the Greenfields i think 6am - 12noon. Will probs just go right through and then get some shut eye in the afternoon with the help of some downers and get up and patry again about 5ish.

What i want to know is were is toms field in relation to the coach entrance etc?

I'm traveling down to the site on the 16th with one of the organisers to check out how its coming on, well she is, i'm just driving! Anyone who's worked on the site early know if I'll be able to put my tent up in pennards then and leave it up for the week till it opens?

Have heard there are always a few tents up before the gates open in Dragons and pennards.

I'm traveling down to the site on the 16th with one of the organisers to check out how its coming on, well she is, i'm just driving! Anyone who's worked on the site early know if I'll be able to put my tent up in pennards then and leave it up for the week till it opens?

Have heard there are always a few tents up before the gates open in Dragons and pennards.

A topic in this year's licence application was the issue of crew camping in public areas. There was a proposal that security sweep the public fields before gates open, to make sure crew were not using those areas.

I've no idea if it will happen, but something to be aware of.

A topic in this year's licence application was the issue of crew camping in public areas. There was a proposal that security sweep the public fields before gates open, to make sure crew were not using those areas.

Edited by Rufus Gwertigan

I think Rufus Gwertigan has cleared this up.

If I was you just leave a note inside the tent explaining who you work for and a contact number so if they want to track you down then they can.

sure they may try to clear tents if they think they are not connected to Glasto but I doubt they will touch your tent.

• 2 weeks later...

At a briefing at the farm yesterday it was stressed about not using public camping, and that it will be enforced prior to Wednesday, license conditions etc. Talking to other people, it seems like this message has gone out to quite a few teams, and is being taken much more seriously this year.

Whether absolutely everyone will be moved on who knows, but it's not looking like the free for all it once was.