Next announcement?

Guest luckysalt

Well its not Kiss:-

CLASSIC ROCK, ROADRUNNER RECORDS,

LOUD & PROUD AND

KISS

Announce

Intimate UK Club Show in March 2010 in advance of the "Sonic Boom Over Europe: From The Beginning To The Boom" European Tour May / June 2010

Rock legends KISS are set to bring their new "Sonic Boom Over Europe: From the Beginning To the Boom" tour to Europe in Summer 2010.

In advance of the full European tour, KISS will play a special one-off club show at London's O2 Academy Islington on 2nd March 2010. With just 500 tickets available to the public, this show is a rare chance for fans to see one of the world's biggest bands in an intimate venue.

Says KISS frontman Paul Stanley: "We thought this was the perfect opportunity to do something a bit crazy. With all the buzz about our upcoming tour, we thought, let's come to London, strip it down, turn it up and blow the roof off the O2 Academy. What better way to say 'thank you' to our most devoted fans than to pummel them?"

Very limited tickets will be available from www.livenation.co.uk from 12.00

Yeah but my point is people who read the Metal Hammer website and Magazine already know about Sonisphere, im talking MAINSTREAM media, ie people reading national newspapers like The Sun and Daily Star, everyday they have a music page and whenever a festival line up is announced they do a piece on it the day after the announcement, next tuesday these papers will just have V coverage and Sonisphere won't get a look in [iMO].

This is the reason Sonisphere failed to sell last year, bad marketing. Look at Download this year acts like Aerosmith that have gotten them lots of media coverage and they made sure the announcement was when they would get tons of coverage which download always does now. Sonisphere have decided all of a sudden yeah lets do it next monday and announce the same day as V, its just poor planning and they aren't going to turn anyones heads who isn't already aware the festival exists.

wow finally an anouncement date!....i thought they had looked at the Download announcement and just given up to be honest. i reckon theyv got Rob Zombie.....and hopefully Andy Copping was lying about Soundgarden not touring over here till 2011 and they get announced...possibly a sub to Iron Maiden! Now Soundgarden would put Sonisphere firmly back in the race with Download!....tho im not getting my hopes up!

Just read that the announcement on Monday is just going to be a small one.

Skunk Anansie have said they're announcing 2 new UK festival appearences on Monday, the only announcements I know being made on Monday is V and Sonisphere, so looks like they're gunna be playing :P

Edited by luckysalt

Just read that the announcement on Monday is just going to be a small one.

Skunk Anansie have said they're announcing 2 new UK festival appearences on Monday, the only announcements I know being made on Monday is V and Sonisphere, so looks like they're gunna be playing :P