Jamiroquai

Guest lsdmoto

Might have been asked before but induldge me eh!

Been listening to Emergency on planet earth at work today and was thinking how well they'd go down on a sunny afternoon on maybe the Jazz or biigger..I iknow thats hard to picture right now(looks out of window) but I reckon it would go down a treat!

G :P

It would be great, have they ever performed at Glasto?

If I'm correct, these are the dates they have confirmed for 2010:

13th June - Gran Canaria, Spain

14th June - Tenerife, Spain

4th July - Madrid, Spain Rock In Rio-Madrid

5th July - Porto, Portugal Superbock

7th July - Monaco, Monaco Live

14th August - Tobit Arena, Germany

Saw them a couple of times on the Pyramid stage in the 90s - both Sunday afternoons I think :P

They were pretty good live & really seemed to get the crowd going. They were pretty funky then but have to agree with what refriedgenes said though - after a while they seemed to run out of ideas.

Would def prefer to have Stevie Wonder though!

It would be great, have they ever performed at Glasto?

They've played at least once - it was the year that Channel 4 broadcast the fest (the first time it was televised I think), as I remember Jay smoking a spliff into the camera on stage and saying something like "what you gonna do with these pictures Channel 4". :P

I've seen them a few times in the last ten years, and they've always been superb - Jay changing the band members regularly helps keep things fresh and energetic (even if it makes him a bit of a c**t), and via the consistency that appears to achieve I'd say it makes them one of the better live acts around.

But I totally get where people are coming from with comments about their music. Regardless, they have a formula that works for what they do, and they do it better than most manage.