Kendal Calling 2010

Guest SharonStoned

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Subways and this lot! My mate is gonna absolutely shit a brick at the Parlatones playing!!!

General Fiasco

The Parlatones

Dananananaykroyd

These New Puritans

Good Shoes

Chickenhawk

Pulled Apart By Horses

Lucid Dream

Morning Parade

Sound of Guns

Exit Calm

Goldheart Assembly

Dolls & the Kicks

Jessie Rose Trip

Our Fold

The Crookes

Seal Club Clubbing Club

Buen Chico

Micky P Kerr

The Heartbreaks

Stormy Corner

The Underdogs

Ladykillers

Elgazelle

The Kiara Elles

Wind up Birds

Janice Graham

Security on entrance.....very good at sniffing out the beer and "contraband"

The beer on site is reasonably priced for festival, and the campite is close to the arena....so you can always nip back to your tent drink a couple of tinnies and then head back if your skint...

I got through a couple of times....but have my own foolproof method of getting booze through which has been tried and tested at a number of different festies....but i aint saying on here just in case security have their beady eye on here...

Edited by nickthecityfan

Hi there - couple of questions, that the search function did not help with

1) are there day tickets?

2) if not, since I can't/won't camp, where would it be better for me to look for b&b accomodation? Penrith or Kendal (or somewhere else)? Is it possible to walk to the festival from either of those places? I noticed that the shuttle bus is from Penrith train station (but only on first and last day, so no good for me)

Thanks

Tickets arrived and tent had its first airing at the weekend. Poland in 3 weeks time for cigarettes and wine on the brew. Wickerman the weekend before so I have 3 days to recover.

Edited by cals

Ok so just clearing something up..... Is it okay to take alchohol what you bring from home into the camping area? And just not into the actual arena?

And if so is it just the " Bring a reasonable amount per person " usual festival rule?

How far a trek is it from the car park to the quiet camping area and where is the nearest supermarket?

Also are BBQ's allowed in the camping area?

First timer you see!!!!!

By the way, I would advise that as soon as you get into the campsite, get your wristbands.. last time we chose to find a spot, and then get them after setting up our tents - between entering and going to the wristband tent I lost my ticket (yes, im a tool) so had to go through a whole lotta stress and begging to get the ticketline people to give me a replacement haha