Kendal Calling 2010

Guest SharonStoned

theres two ways of stopping underage drinking, firstly is to be alot stricter in id'ing kids on the door with alcohol, and secondly is to restrict the amount of younger people coming in

a good way to stop large groups without restricting kids going would be to say anyone under the age of 18 has to be accompanied by an adult over the age of 18, with upto 3 minors per adult?

while this wouldnt stop kids going with older siblings/mates (who are likely to be a bit more responsible), it stops groups of 20 15year olds turning up

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the Bestival website:

All persons under the age of 18 must be accompanied at the festival by a parent or guardian over the age of 21. Plus, no more than four under 18s are allowed per parent or guardian.

I think thats the way to go really. Although it would restrict say, a group of 18 year olds with one person who had a late august birthday - would have stopped one of my mates this year.

From the Bestival website:

All persons under the age of 18 must be accompanied at the festival by a parent or guardian over the age of 21. Plus, no more than four under 18s are allowed per parent or guardian.

I think thats the way to go really. Although it would restrict say, a group of 18 year olds with one person who had a late august birthday - would have stopped one of my mates this year.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm nipping off to see The Bays down at the Houseparty in London in a second so I'll be quick - we've just released the following videos on ewetube:

Also, thanks for everyone who took part in the survey, there's some very interesting feedback in there and we'll be discussing it shortly.

Aye that's right - tickets will be announced early next year along with a few acts I hope.

I have the pleasure of announcing that Kendal Calling 2010 has managed to raise £9000 for charity - that's £5000 for the Teenage Cancer Trust, £2000 for the Northwest Air Ambulance and £2000 for Penrith Lions Club - good going people and thank you!

PS - it's probably time to move to a 2011 thread isn't it?

Edited by naarjtie

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...