Proposed Changes to the Licence

Guest Ommadawn

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We arrived at about 10.00, taking 2.5 hours to get there from Street - 15 mins to about a mile from the main Worthy Farm entrance, stationary for an hour, then a quick blast to the A37, then a crawl the the Blue Route turning . From there to the campervan entrance was free moving until just short of our gate - the blockage for us was cars queuing ahead! Once actually on site we drove straight to our final resting place, the only hold up being people getting alleged "burgers" and something worse than cheap machine "coffee" from the worlds worst burger van on the way. And how fast we dared drive a borrowed £30,000 camper van over the field! We're taking the Land Rover and caravan this year though - even the slight morning rain stopped the campervan dead when leaving.........

I know these changes are to make it better for the locals, and hopefully prevent some of the traffic problems of previous years

but what about the locals that are going? Those that want to be able to get in early on the Wednesday, I can't see the ones that I know wanting to sleep in their cars on the Tuesday night when they only live 10 miles away!

but I suppose you can't please all the people all of the time, and at least it is good news that the licence has gone through without any holdups

Hmmmmm I wonder if the car park/ tuesday night thing is a yes then? I suppose them saying that Glastonbury will announce how these will operate does mean yes?

It is, presumably, going to happen - after all, I wouldn't have thought Glastonbury would have gone to the trouble of applying for it if they didn't plan to do it.

eFestivals chose not to state in that article the timings that are allowed within the licence, because we're not sure that the festival will definitely operate to those timings - by being vague and saying Glastonbury will confirm how things will operate we don't risk putting out what might turn out to be the wrong info.

Edited by eFestivals

I know these changes are to make it better for the locals, and hopefully prevent some of the traffic problems of previous years

but what about the locals that are going? Those that want to be able to get in early on the Wednesday, I can't see the ones that I know wanting to sleep in their cars on the Tuesday night when they only live 10 miles away!

but I suppose you can't please all the people all of the time, and at least it is good news that the licence has gone through without any holdups

It is, presumably, going to happen - after all, I wouldn't have thought Glastonbury would have gone to the trouble of applying for it if they didn't plan to do it.

eFestivals chose not to state in that article the timings that are allowed within the licence, because we're not sure that the festival will definitely operate to those timings - by being vague and saying Glastonbury will confirm how things will operate we don't risk putting out what might turn out to be the wrong info.

This is, as Montgomery says, excellent!

As has already been mentioned, the locals can turn up when they like. They even have their own car park & entrance, I believe.

Am I the only person who's minorly irritated by the use of the word 'breaking' to precede news? News, by its definition, is always breaking.

But if you are not allowed to sleep in vehicles in the car parks why would they open at 9pm Tuesday. Do they expect you not to have a kip? Also no tents, fires or barbecues allowed in car parks.

I presume opening at 9pm Tuesday will also cost them quite a bit extra for stewards, security and fire service. I cannot see a good reason to open that early.

Opening very early hours Wednesday morning would make more sense I reckon. I wonder what they will actually do ? Will have to wait and see.

As has already been mentioned, the locals can turn up when they like. They even have their own car park & entrance, I believe.

Am I the only person who's minorly irritated by the use of the word 'breaking' to precede news? News, by its definition, is always breaking.

I think this may help the traffis problems a little,although proberbly not enough for the Wednesday arrivals to notice as i am sure they will still get serious traffic problems,its a step in the right direction though. As this will be my last Glastonbury i did think of going on the Tuesaday,but as i only live about 27 miles away i think i will still go on Wednesday,as sleeping in the car is not really fo me...(To old now) :P

Edited by denwyn