Hard Rock Calling 2010

Guest chris1983

The Gaslight Anthem's UK dates leave them free for both Glasto and HRC.

June 22 - Birmingham (UK) Academy 1 (headline show)

June 23 - Glasgow (UK) ABC (headline show)

June 24 - Manchester (UK) Academy 1 (headline show)

June 25

June 26 - London (UK) HMV Forum (headline show)

June 27

June 28

June 29 - Oxford (UK) Academy 1 (headline show)

After their performance last year, I can't see the organisers being worried about having them 2 years in a row! Their new album should be out that week too.

Even if their not - then the chance of PJ on Fri and a GA headline show on the Sat make for a great weekend!

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about Rush, on www.rushisaband.com there is a small section were it mentions they were announced prematurely for a festival in the US on July 3rd.

Could they headline, did hear they were talking to Download but maybe they would play Hard Rock as they would headline whereas at Download they may be sub-headliner.

Also, apparently Planet Rock have mentioned a tour announcement in the next couple of weeks.

I don't think RATM will do HRC, but I reckon there's a chance they will use the Hyde Park stage set-up for the free gig. That stage will be set up in Hyde Park for 2 - 3 weeks for various gigs, there's bound to be a day where it's unused that a promotoer could nab up for this free gig. If the stage is already there then it'll cost the promoter a huge amount less to put on.

I think festival organisers would be a bit wary of Kid Rock (I'm not a fan anyway - ruined Sweet Home Alabama) after his little strop at Download - don't feed all his crew he flounces off.

Gaslight Anthem were a very good choice second bill last year (especially the interplay with Springsteen) but I can't see them headlining. Maybe a support act again.

I just think they're a bit over rated.

I was bored to hell watching them at Hyde Park last year, so was everyone around me. I think the only time they stirred a reaction was when Springsteen came on and played with them, and why not, that's why we were there after all.

They're hardly breaking any new ground really, and the "omg they sound JUST like Springsteen you should SOOO listen to them" reviews are getting on my nerves. The key difference between the two is that, even when he was just starting out, Springsteen had talent.

That's all just my opinion though, I'm aware they have quite a following since last year's Glastonbury slot, but they just ain't for me. :P