Kasabian

Guest PaulDavis

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats the hope I suppose...that the money is being spent on the rest of the line-up. Can't imagine it would cost them anywhere near as much to get Kasabian as some of the headliners they've had in recent years...They're from Leicester for f*cks sake, they'd probably play if you gave them a bag of scratchings each and some shiny foil to play with on their tyre swings when they get home.

IMO I think they are fantastic live, and they put on a good show.

They have 'some' songs that people can sing along to, but I do think some of their songs sound pretty much the same.

If they headline, it'd be one I WOULDN'T be moaning about. I've only seen them once before. Would be nice to see them again, although, I wish V would book someone I haven't already seen. :P

If you read the TITP Forum on here Neil has said that Kasabian are NOT headlining TITP but they are billed as a co-headliner, IE they're on last but one

If they actually HEADLINE V now then that just makes V look like shit

Im guessing though if they are that V should have a big headliner on main stage the other day then, could it be Green Day?

Or could they have actually pulled it off and broke the bank reforming The Smiths or Stone Roses? That would be something special for their 15th anniversary

Morrissey has played before, they are now talking again, and money, which V has a shit load of, talks.

I really don't expect it to happen, no, not at all, just throwing it out there

Im sure one day at some point The Smiths will play together again, I think Stone Roses is a much likely thing to happen and we known Ian Brown is a whore and also LOVES V festival

If you read the TITP Forum on here Neil has said that Kasabian are NOT headlining TITP but they are billed as a co-headliner, IE they're on last but one

If they actually HEADLINE V now then that just makes V look like shit

Im guessing though if they are that V should have a big headliner on main stage the other day then, could it be Green Day?

Or could they have actually pulled it off and broke the bank reforming The Smiths or Stone Roses? That would be something special for their 15th anniversary

Morrissey has played before, they are now talking again, and money, which V has a shit load of, talks.

I really don't expect it to happen, no, not at all, just throwing it out there

Im sure one day at some point The Smiths will play together again, I think Stone Roses is a much likely thing to happen and we known Ian Brown is a whore and also LOVES V festival

Edited by jonnyx

:P

Are we talking about the same festival here???? There is absolute no chance that V could bag smiths or stone roses. anyway stone's are pretty much set in stone 4 glasto headliner on sat night!

I can honestly see V having Kasabian as headliner along with phonics, both played in same spot before and i very much doubt Kasabian would go 4 2nd slot when they headlined creamfields a few years ago.

:P

Are we talking about the same festival here???? There is absolute no chance that V could bag smiths or stone roses. anyway stone's are pretty much set in stone 4 glasto headliner on sat night!

I can honestly see V having Kasabian as headliner along with phonics, both played in same spot before and i very much doubt Kasabian would go 4 2nd slot when they headlined creamfields a few years ago.

Hmmm you really think v is much bigger than cream fields?? CF is capacity of 55,000 and V 60,000 that not really that much difference IMO. They both sell out each year so thats only a difference of 5k, not that significant really. The festival that you speak of is lovebox with a capacity of 25,000 so yeah obviously they arent gonna get big headliners so yehh dizzee wouldnt headline v...

I never said there was harm in you saying stone roses/smiths would play V Im just voicing my opinion as are you but I do think V do not stand a chance in hell. If stones are gonna play anywhere it wont be some shoddy festival like V it will be at Glasto where all the credibality is. And I also do not think you can compare them booking red hot chilli peppers/pixies with the stones and smiths....

Stop saying the Stones, thats the Rolling Stones

Im talking about Stone Roses, which as I said in my post would get back together for the money not the previlage of playing Glasto.

And Creamfields gets 55k, V gets about 200k over the weekend when you factor in both sites, so yeah V is pretty much 4 times bigger than Creamfields and they pay a HELL of a lot more money to their acts

Edited by luckysalt