actually sold out

Guest newagehippie

Sacramento. Nothing too glamorous :blink:

Thanks for the tips everyone.

We werent thinking tangerinefields out of any posh sensibilities, we just figured it might be the easiest way since we'll be pretty novice and wont be too sure of our bearings/where to pitch the tent/etc.

We do set up camp at some festivals here every year.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We werent thinking tangerinefields out of any posh sensibilities, we just figured it might be the easiest way since we'll be pretty novice and wont be too sure of our bearings/where to pitch the tent/etc.

Actually my other tip is to get on the site www.activehotels.co.uk and search for either 'shepton mallet' or 'bristol airport' and you'll find some hotels vaguely nearby, but that you don't have to pay up front for and can cancel up to 48 hours before your stay (there are the odd exception so check the T&C's but that's the basic principle of the site). You get yourself at least a back-up plan now. I got myself a hotel in Cheddar for the Tuesday night, 13 miles away, without having to stump any cash now.

Actually my other tip is to get on the site www.activehotels.co.uk and search for either 'shepton mallet' or 'bristol airport' and you'll find some hotels vaguely nearby, but that you don't have to pay up front for and can cancel up to 48 hours before your stay (there are the odd exception so check the T&C's but that's the basic principle of the site). You get yourself at least a back-up plan now. I got myself a hotel in Cheddar for the Tuesday night, 13 miles away, without having to stump any cash now.

I find it incredibly hard to believe that 42,500 people are officially assigned as 'backstage' and 'kids'...

The number within that for unticketed kids was around 4,000 many festivals ago, and is probably far larger now. So that's 10% gone before you get onto around 10,000 for performers and their crew, and before the very many staff.

I was gonna guesstimate around 6,000 kids, there might even be more, there were certainly a lot last year.

the number of kids actually on site and the number of tickets removed from sale to account for those kids don't necessarily match - I believe it's the case that the council and festival agree a number based on a guestimate made in advance, so it's not necessarily an accurate reflection of the actual number of kids.

Glad you're coming over and joining us, great to see :)

I've used Tangerine Fields at a couple of other UK festivals and they are great so in a way it's a shame they're not at Glastonbury but they wouldn't suit it somehow, having that kind of seperate set-up, I dunno, just wouldn't seem right. The other tips are good, if you're going straight from Heathrow picking something up on site is your best bet, otherwise if there's any way you can give yourself time to go to a camping shop in London or even Bristol/Bath on your way to the big G, do it.

My other big tip would be not to worry about being novices about where to camp, get yourself there as early as poss, try to stay away from pathway and toilet and you'll be fine.

Further to my previous post about my mate missing out, I got a very excited phone call yesterday afternoon that he'd actually finally got his confirmation email through.

I can be unstressed now, about having to be on call permanently for sorting his ticket.

Still surprised by how many have missed out aswell and that it sold out so early, glad that I'm an eternal pessimist and always think the worst is going to happen which is why I was taking no chances with tickets.

Further to my previous post about my mate missing out, I got a very excited phone call yesterday afternoon that he'd actually finally got his confirmation email through.

I can be unstressed now, about having to be on call permanently for sorting his ticket.

Still surprised by how many have missed out aswell and that it sold out so early, glad that I'm an eternal pessimist and always think the worst is going to happen which is why I was taking no chances with tickets.