Weather thread 2010

Guest remote

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's currently a Big Blob of High pressure situated over the UK on Monday, need it to stick, haven't been this nervous since having that op to appease the Weather Gods!
Edited by Dav0s

Guest musiclove123

The good thing is is that the weather down there at the moment is lovely sunny and dry which means the ground is harder...

haha, I'm British but I live in Germany, I've a German girlfriend who owns a "dirndle" (those push up dresses that are in all these pics) AND I work in Munich so we get reserved seating for the Oktoberfest and it is better than it seems, 2 weeks of solid drinking of "mass" beer (the large 1 litre/2pint glasses in these pics), the beer over here is some of the best in the world with no added chemical cr@p like you get in the Uk (therefore not so bad hangovers), Augustiner and Paulaner beers are the best in my opinion if you do ever come over..

2 days til I leave for the Uk and Glastonbury, until then I'm off to a beer garden to be served by lovely girls in push up dresses to watch the football and eat a huge plate of sunday roast.. life is hard

Met Office update for today

UK Outlook for Tuesday 22 Jun 2010 to Thursday 1 Jul 2010:

Most areas of the UK should see plenty of fine and dry weather next week, with extended sunny periods and just a low risk of some showers developing inland from time to time. Northwestern areas may well be cloudier with occasional rain, although there should be periods of drier and brighter weather here too. Winds will be fresh at times in the northwest, but should stay light or moderate elsewhere. Beyond the weekend, many areas will remain mainly dry but there is a risk of more unsettled weather spreading from the west. Temperatures are expected to be warm at first, locally very warm in the southeast, but are likely to return to near normal in northern and western parts towards the end of the month.

Updated: 1211 on Thu 17 Jun 2010

Met Office:

UK Outlook for Tuesday 22 Jun 2010 to Thursday 1 Jul 2010:

Most areas of the UK should see plenty of fine and dry weather next week, with extended sunny periods and just a low risk of some showers developing inland from time to time. Northwestern areas may well be cloudier with occasional rain, although there should be periods of drier and brighter weather here too. Winds will be fresh at times in the northwest, but should stay light or moderate elsewhere. Beyond the weekend, many areas will remain mainly dry but there is a risk of more unsettled weather spreading from the west. Temperatures are expected to be warm at first, locally very warm in the southeast, but are likely to return to near normal in northern and western parts towards the end of the month.

Updated: 1211 on Thu 17 Jun 2010

Here's some more good news. This is from a mate who's a forecaster at the met office. His forecasts have been pretty much spot on the last 2 years:

"Weather for Glasto looking very good - mainly dry, settled, warm. Take suncream (keep wellies on hand in case something changes!). But yeah, only a low risk of the odd shower and might be warm to very warm category (if that's not too technical!)."