Weather thread 2010

Guest remote

I have just thought of another key date for weather-diaries - Countryfile on Sunday.

IIRC, that gives a pretty detailed and often correct forecast on the Sunday before the festival.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whats all this rain bashing?

SURELY a positive campaign is the way forward? encourage the sun, worship the sun...make the sun our friend, have a bit of a nice chat with the sun,compliment it on its lovely rays and general goodness..its sure to come to us

mr rain? ignore him, give him the cold shoulder...err..etc

I don't Nowottny's going on with this thread. I thought it was about the Webber. Still, Marx out of ten for effort, you bunch of Luthers, but the humour's all a bit Nietzsche for me, I lack the Witt to keep up.

I've come Bach and the threads turned into pun-central.

Top Marx, but it makes me Schiffer, in fact my head Hertz and it's sending me round the Benz.

You're all Plancks. In fact you're Max Plancks.

I'd love to work Nena into this due to the 99 Red Balloons appearance on TOTP and what it did to teenage boys at the time - fit with hairy armpits is very confusing for a young lad.

Turning to more gentlemanly pursuits, this weather talk is Straussing me out - I'm really hoping I Cook at Glasto but I Broadly fear we'll be Trotting up the Swanny. Last time is was a hot one I had no Prior warning and ended up burning my Sidebottom.

I'll get my coat.

I have just thought of another key date for weather-diaries - Countryfile on Sunday.

IIRC, that gives a pretty detailed and often correct forecast on the Sunday before the festival.

Ah, Countryfile on the Sunday before. I proper ritual date for me!

I'm going to be at Avebury for the Solstice on Sunday, but will probably set the digi-recorder to watch it when I get back.

Did they actually mention Glastonbury last year, or am I making that up?

Ah, Countryfile on the Sunday before. I proper ritual date for me!

I'm going to be at Avebury for the Solstice on Sunday, but will probably set the digi-recorder to watch it when I get back.

Did they actually mention Glastonbury last year, or am I making that up?

Herr Angwin has spoken!!!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/local/somerset/hi/things_to_do/newsid_8744000/8744139.stm

The last few Glastonbury's have seen a mixture of blazing sunshine or washed-out mayhem with heavy rain causing flooded tents and slippery mud. So what will this year be like?

BBC West weatherman Richard Angwin takes a look at the prospects for this year's Glastonbury Festival.

It is a brave, or foolish, weather forecaster who predicts a dry Glastonbury Festival more than a week ahead. And there is plenty of scope for the forecast to change between now and Thursday when things start to liven up.

But is does appear as though the festival will get underway in dry (and probably dusty) conditions and there is a better than evens chance that it will remain mostly dry throughout.

Ahead of the festival the ground will continue to dry out as the sun shines and the wind continues to blow.

Those weather conditions will continue until at least Wednesday or Thursday. The main weather hazards will be the high UV index (sunburn is, believe it or not, a major downer for many people each year) and the high pollen levels.

During the festival proper it is difficult to see anything more significant than a passing shower developing over Worthy Farm, but with more than a week to go that could still change. So remember to keep checking the forecast.

Yet before anyone imagines they will be spending a long weekend baking in the sun, the winds are expected to continue to blow from the north or northeast so it could be quite chilly at nights.

But if that is the worst we can expect for Glastonbury's 40th year, I suspect most revellers would gladly accept that.

Turning to more gentlemanly pursuits, this weather talk is Straussing me out - I'm really hoping I Cook at Glasto but I Broadly fear we'll be Trotting up the Swanny. Last time is was a hot one I had no Prior warning and ended up burning my Sidebottom.

I'll get my coat.

Edited by glasto'newbie'