Back to it !

Guest ivan

The Hill of Death

All that gear and beer

Big Ground to Stone Cirlce and back , and back , and back

All day standing at Other Stage

Clubbing till close in LV

That is what keeps me motivated in the gym and pounding the streets during the winter,

:lol:

I really want to start running - I want to get up early, run along the coast path or around the fields with the dogs, and come home all smug and fit.

I can see all this happening in my head; it looks great, I look great after a month or so of this regime.

But it never happens. What happens is I wake up, think, 'mmmm, bed is lovely and cosy' and then I go back to sleep.

Glasto training = get shit faced on bottles of Brothers, attempt to stay up late but end up falling asleep in an uncomfortable position whilst talking total crap. Oh, and watch the Julian Temple film.

I really want to start running - I want to get up early, run along the coast path or around the fields with the dogs, and come home all smug and fit.

I can see all this happening in my head; it looks great, I look great after a month or so of this regime.

But it never happens. What happens is I wake up, think, 'mmmm, bed is lovely and cosy' and then I go back to sleep.

1207928656529.jpg

Yep, cejx, I live in Torquay so close to the sea, which I do love.

This is my nearest beach, about 5 mins drive or 15 mins walk, in the summer there's a funicular railway that trundles up and down the steep slope to get to it.

The South West coast path runs all along this coast here, but I've never really walked much of it - I think I really should!

1207928656529.jpg

Yep, cejx, I live in Torquay so close to the sea, which I do love.

This is my nearest beach, about 5 mins drive or 15 mins walk, in the summer there's a funicular railway that trundles up and down the steep slope to get to it.

The South West coast path runs all along this coast here, but I've never really walked much of it - I think I really should!

Jealous too after seeing the photo!!! Enjoy your run even if it's just in your head - its the thought that counts!

Our execise regime starts on Friday, we have bought a Canadian Canoe to keet fit and are off to Bala in Wales to try it out!

So if I never post again you know why!! ;)

Jealous too after seeing the photo!!! Enjoy your run even if it's just in your head - its the thought that counts!

Our execise regime starts on Friday, we have bought a Canadian Canoe to keet fit and are off to Bala in Wales to try it out!

So if I never post again you know why!! ;)

Well done you, can see why it makes the hill of death look easy if it took 7 hours! My hubbie has been wanting to climb it since dare I say reading an article in Practical Caravan Magazine! ;) Oh the shame!!!

If you haven't climbed Snowdon yet - DON'T DO IT!!

(but well done cejx for doing it, even though it's a nutty thing to attempt)

My ex said innocently one day did I fancy a 'hill walking trip to Wales' and I said yes and then it turned out we were climbing frickin' Snowdon, led by his completely crazy Polish history professor.

I ended up sliding down between some rocks, catching my ankle and feeling all the ligaments rip with a terrible hot pain that didn't let up for days. My ankle swelled to the size of a watermelon and turned black, I shit you not. I was on crutches for weeks, and it still hurts when it rains, and this was about 18 years ago.

All I remember from that trip is a - pain and b - being knackered and wishing God would smite me there and then and end it all.

Edited by Josie's Cat

Just run 3 miles during my lunch break. Oh my god!

Back at my desk sweating like a good un...

We'll see how long this lasts?

Joking aside, i would dearly love to lose a couple of stone just so i can strip off my t shirt and enjoy the fantastic weather we will have next year!

Good times.