Computer sitting sunday 4th October

Guest ShadyBlueBell

I am guessing there will be a lot of people computer sitting on the 4th October 09 waiting for that hand on the clock to turn to 9am will our nerves stay in control or will our nerves fall apart :D :b :D:lol:;) link: :)

I get the hand shakes when trying to purchase tickets and cannot control my damn fingers even the deep breaths in and out does not work on ticket day but this year will be even worse as i am guessing there will be more people after tickets because of the 40th anniversary..

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am guessing there will be a lot of people computer sitting on the 4th October 09 waiting for that hand on the clock to turn to 9am will our nerves stay in control or will our nerves fall apart :D :b :D:rolleyes::P link: :(

I get the hand shakes when trying to purchase tickets and cannot control my damn fingers even the deep breaths in and out does not work on ticket day but this year will be even worse as i am guessing there will be more people after tickets because of the 40th anniversary..

On my way to Cyprus. Was thinking about buying them while abroad......but have read all info about International ticket sales and a debit card is no use as i dont own a credit card. Wouldnt trust anyone else doing it for me in UK. Wait til I get back on 11th. Slightly concerned but should be fine.

Time for the sweats. This year we'll be camper vaning (well actually trailer tenting but the price is the same - an extra £75) and you can't buy a campervan ticket till you've paid in full for at least one ticket. So I'll have to stump up the whole lot on October 4th while my mates can get away with just the £50 deposit.

Start checking the bank account to make sure there's enough to cover the lot.

By bringing the first ticket sale date forward to October, GFL have ended the mad rush of previous years. In October, people have only just finished one festival season and are now thinking about Christmas/University/Anything other than next summer's festivals.

Even though there will be lots of very excited people in the run up to ticket sale on here, this board is populated by a few hundred Glastonbury obsessives and does not represent the general public. Once you've stayed up all night and spent a stressful morning battling each other for the available SeeTickets bandwidth/phonelines, there will still be thousands of tickets left over.

I know it's hard to avoid the paranoid feeling that you're going to miss the boat, but I predict that after your epic battle for tickets, you'll all feel a huge anti-climax when the remaining tickets sit there, unsold, for days.

By bringing the first ticket sale date forward to October, GFL have ended the mad rush of previous years. In October, people have only just finished one festival season and are now thinking about Christmas/University/Anything other than next summer's festivals.

Even though there will be lots of very excited people in the run up to ticket sale on here, this board is populated by a few hundred Glastonbury obsessives and does not represent the general public. Once you've stayed up all night and spent a stressful morning battling each other for the available SeeTickets bandwidth/phonelines, there will still be thousands of tickets left over.

I know it's hard to avoid the paranoid feeling that you're going to miss the boat, but I predict that after your epic battle for tickets, you'll all feel a huge anti-climax when the remaining tickets sit there, unsold, for days.

Relax everyone, got my 2009 tickets about 2 weeks AFTER they went on sale, did the deposit scheme and paid up in Feb, though that was a bit tight as that was 1st pay day after crimbo.

This year have opened a little Glasto ISA and will pay in ful, then start saving for the fest itself.

Edited by crimsonking