who is most likely to headline out of these 3?

Guest jonnyisRFC

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well you can knock the offspring off the list as they didnt headline at their peak of popularity and their popularity has only decresed over recent years.

Slipknott also were not down to headline last time and their popularity has also not increased.

Therefore I would say kasabian as they are the only band who are more popular than the last time they played, allthough there probaby isnt much in it between them and slipknot.

If you are going to pick the offspring as an option, you may as well include limp bizkit, stereophonics and travis.

Kasabian have grown in popularity as they've gone along. This year they have an arena tour and another #1 album, which I'm pretty sure The Offspring and Slipknot didn't have this year. They've also said they want to headline a UK festival, so it won't be too long. Not sure if they'd headline Reading/Leeds, but out of those three they're the most likely for sure.

Slipknot havent increased in popularity?

What about the number 2 album that came out last year?

And they may not have had an arena tour this year, but they did one in December of last year.

Personally i dont think any should headline. But Slipknot and Kasabian are the most likely.

At download I would agree with you, however slipknot have not had a succesful single for 5 years now which hurts them in a mainstream music festival like reading/leeds. I think in that genre of music, unless you are as huge as metallica/maiden/pearl jam etc you need to have a few more songs that the avergae festival goer would know. They also have got this reputation (fairly or unfiarly) as being a bit of a gimick band which probably makes them less likely to headline the festival.

I would still claim your average festival goer would not know that song. Hard to prove one way or the other. I think if i had time to look there are a lot of joe wiley singles of the weeks that are forgotten a year later. Compare slipknot to kaiser chiefs (an odd comparison, bare with me). Both do arena tours, both are popular yet not always taken seriously. However kaiser chiefs have sold more albums and singles in the uk and have far more hits the fesitval goer knows. On that basis why should slipknot headline and kaiser chiefs not? Or should both headline? And Im looking for reasons that the festival organisers would actually consider ie not slipknot should headline because they are quite poular and I like them.

Yes I know, which is why I put the ? I do however find its quite accurate for stuff like this. Also people on here can be wrong. If somone can come up with a link that the song reached 24 i would be happy to believe it. AT present I am more inclined to think it probbaly didnt get that high though.

If the likes of FNM, Manic Street Preachers and Ash can play the NME, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest to see The Offspring there.

I don't think Slipknot are big enough to do it, wouldn't complain if I was wrong.

Kasabian win that poll by default, but the poll itself sucks :rolleyes:

Tough luck, Kasabian without a doubt win out. Slipknot were down as THIRD from headline in 2008 and it's hardly as if they've set the UK on fire since; outside their immediate fanbase at least?

Kasabian are huge, sell large amounts, big hits etc. Don't front, it's an easy answer.

I think the major difference is that Slipknot offer something a bit different. Kasabian offer nothing that couldn't be fulfilled by Razorlight, Arctic Monkeys, Franz Ferdinand, Pigeon Detectives, Fratellis etc. Couldn't also provide. An outlet for the same f*cktards who watch KOL in silence waiting for "Sex On Fire".

Average band, nowt elevating them above the rest of the pretenders to Oasis's throne as kings of music for those who don't really appreciate music.