Ray Davies

Guest BrandonFlowersTache

Despite the excitement about seeing the Blur reunion, The Boss, Kasabian, Nick Cave, Spinal Tap, Quo.... there was one act which seemed to go very much under the radar. An act of classic timelessness enjoyed by a few thousand in the Acoustic Tent on Friday night. An act which still, 2 months on, I cant get out of my head. Quite simply, the highlight of my week.

Ray Davies!

Everything about that night was perfect. From the clear star-lit skies to the atmosphere in the tent to the crowd, who just sung song after song after song along with the legend. Lola and Waterloo Sunset were almost tear-enducing moments which I think will stay with me for a very, very long time. I abandoned my friends to see that set, and my word, NEVER have I made such a good decision!!

Did anybody else share my experience that night? I still get tingles down my spine thinking about it!

Certain did! Absolutely agree - those classics and the way they were carried off and Ray's interaction with the audience made everyone feel special I think in a tent many don't frequently visit. The crowd singing Lola back down the hill to Babylon and Theatre just summed up the impression that he had on everyone. Timeless.

Didn't see him at Glasto because of the NY clash but have seen him several times before and agree absolutely. Great performer and superb raconteur. Friends who saw him reckon he gave a great Glasto performance.

Another person who slipped under the radar for many was Roger McGuinn who did a great solo acoustic set. Great stories between songs about how the Byrds came together and their sound evolved.

I started that night with Mr Neil Young, right down the front, but his mardy face was turning my cider.

So after a few song I fought my way through HUGE crowd, then up the hill to the Acoustic stage for a British legend. I think I missed the first two songs :rolleyes:

'Days' pull at my heart strings

superb set by a superb guy. ape man live will live for me for ever, I can remember listening to it skiving from school years ago but I didnt ever think that I would have seen the man do it live..

Edited by safehands

Despite the excitement about seeing the Blur reunion, The Boss, Kasabian, Nick Cave, Spinal Tap, Quo.... there was one act which seemed to go very much under the radar. An act of classic timelessness enjoyed by a few thousand in the Acoustic Tent on Friday night. An act which still, 2 months on, I cant get out of my head. Quite simply, the highlight of my week.

Ray Davies!

Everything about that night was perfect. From the clear star-lit skies to the atmosphere in the tent to the crowd, who just sung song after song after song along with the legend. Lola and Waterloo Sunset were almost tear-enducing moments which I think will stay with me for a very, very long time. I abandoned my friends to see that set, and my word, NEVER have I made such a good decision!!

Did anybody else share my experience that night? I still get tingles down my spine thinking about it!

• 2 weeks later...