anyone else dissapointed by the killers?

Guest EmmaComber

I thought The Killers were really good at Weston Park, better than Oasis.

Was a good show and a nice way to end V2009. Was one of my highlights of this years festival when they played Human and the crowd went wild. We were all dancing and singing our hearts out, it was ace.

Yeah, was absolutely gutted about the Killers. The sound was terrible, not so much the band themselves. I could hear people singing more than the band themselves. Tried walking right round to the other side of the stage but sound was equally as quiet. In the end I went to see Fatboy Slim. Was really hard walking away but the sound didn't do The Killers any justice that night. (Was Chelms site).

mixed reviews then! Looks like hylands really did get the raw end of the deal this year! I know the sound wasn't the killers fault but they also played a lot of my least fave songs. I guess thats just my taste though. I don't think Brandon has a very good raport with the crowd, no real charisma. I really noticed that when i saw snow patrol the next night, Gary Lightbody was amazing! Snow patrol saved the weekend for me! Before this weekend I would have easily picked killers over snow patrol but now i'm not so sure!

Yeah, was absolutely gutted about the Killers. The sound was terrible, not so much the band themselves. I could hear people singing more than the band themselves. Tried walking right round to the other side of the stage but sound was equally as quiet. In the end I went to see Fatboy Slim. Was really hard walking away but the sound didn't do The Killers any justice that night. (Was Chelms site).

Great at Weston. Was near the front for first half of the set, but got too crowded so moved back for the end. Loved the Mr Brightside-All these things that i've done finish to the main set. Had a blast singing and jumping along at the back.... I've got soul but I'm not a soldier!!

The Killers were by far the best band at V ! im not saying anyone was bad because everyone was awesome but compared to them no one could even compete ! Not even oasis who were absolutely amazing ! At Weston Park they were anyway ! Best show i have ever seen the killers do !

Not really a Killers fans - I thought Hot Fuss was an amazing album, one of the best Ive bought in fact - but I don't really like anything else theyve released since particularly the new stuff. I was told they were absolutely shite live and ive seen em on TV and thought Flowers has virtually no stage presence......

........but I really enjoyed it at Weston. Thought the sound was good, they played a good set list, everyone seemed to be up for it and I had a blast. Perhaps I enjoyed it more because I expected the worst and it really wasn't bad a t all. Or perhaps it was summat to do with the litre bottle of vodka i'd been drinking lol

Either way, I don't think Killers have lost themselves any fans with that effort. In my opinion they put a good shift in and they have defo worked on the old live show thing...but he does dance like a thunderbird puppet!

Completely disagree. Saw them headline in 2007 and thought they were quite good - but the strength of their material carried them through rather than the live performance itself. This time around, I think the performance matched the material. Really strong; Brandon has become more of a frontman rather than hiding behind his keyboards. Had a terrific time during their set!