How much money do I take?

Guest rossg123

Last year I went to T in The Park and my dad payed for everything, but this year is my first time at Leeds and I'm responsible for money this time.

How much do you usually spend? Can you use solo cards at the bars/food stalls? Are there a lot of cash points?

Thankyou, Ross.

I've not been to Leeds but I know at Reading they have plenty of cashpoints in those mobile van things, although we usually walk into town for that stuff.

As for how much you want to take - it's all based on how much you spend.

You can get away with cheap BBQ-it-yourself food (although this is probably harder at Leeds unless you have a car from what I've heard) and save a fair amount of money or you can spend spend spend on burgers, dinky donuts and pints of Tuborg.

I'm horrendously skint this year so I'll be Tesco Value all the way, it is possible to do the fest on a budget and still have a great time.

Yeah if you're eating cold baked beans and drinking own brand cider, you could feesbily do the weekend for £20 or so... alternatively if you're smoking a henry every night, buying 10 pints a day from the bars, only eating from the burger vans, buying loads of merch and stuff, you could easily spend £100 a day... it's entirely dependent on your style!

There are a few cashpoints on site, but they can get busy and also charge... best bet is to use them at like 4am or something... or theres about 5 cash points at Tesco, or you can get cashback with your shopping!

I usually aim to spend £20 a day, that covers me for maybe £10 worth of beer from Tesco, a couple of quid on snack food, a newspaper and pint of milk in the morning, a 'proper' meal from a van and maybe one pint in the arena if I'm pressed for time... that's excluding cigarettes/drugs/merch/bus tickets/whatever

most of the food you can buy will cost more or less £5, the drinks are not cheap either not to sure about the price tho...

so if you buy two burgers, there's £10 gone, you buy 2 pints l'm guessing about £8, call it a £20 alltogether, and thats just one afternoon. There is cash machines but they do charge. l take all my money out in one and keep it on me all the time and then pray that l don't lose it :lol:

When I first started going I took about £60 (£20 a day) easy to do it on the cheap if you want.

There are plenty of cash machines but the queues can be a pain so i'd suggest going around 8am when the machines have just been filled and there isn't alot of people waiting around.

there's a few cash machines at reading..they do charge

they're busy during the bands, up until around 10pm i found, then it was pretty dead and there was a queue of 1-2 people per cash machine

try to take some food with you i.e. make sandwiches to eat for the first day/take something for the second / take alcohol for the campsite

drinking in the arena is what hurts your wallet! so try and sneak drink in to the arena if you can! :lol:

However much money you take with you, please please please make sure you hide it well during the night. I got £100 stolen from my tent on the first night last year because my brother, who was sharing a tent with me, moved my stuff so that it wouldn't get wet, but he moved it next to the door... A lot of people in our area got hit that night, and they came looking the night after as well.

So the message is hide your money at night or sleep with it in your pocket! It felt absolutely f**king awful knowing that someone had been in and got what they came for.

Last year at leeds I took, £30 worth of beer around 45 cans, and about £10 worth of food including crisps chocolate, and lots of tins. This however I don't really count towards the festival money becasue I would probably buy this anyway for a bank holiday weekend.

As I was in the arena first thing till last thing I still managed to spend around £200 ish, this is based upon the theory of 10 pints per day at around £4 per beer or cider, plus the occasional trip to the food stalls.

All in all about £120 alcohol and £30 on food, £10 on a programme and lanyard, £20-25 on merch and then £20-25 on messing about on rides such as the booster (£8 a go) and the dodgems etc.

All in all it pretty adds up to a fun weekend tho I do like to live life by excess, and I managed to bring beer home due to the amount of drinking in the arena...

However much money you take with you, please please please make sure you hide it well during the night. I got £100 stolen from my tent on the first night last year because my brother, who was sharing a tent with me, moved my stuff so that it wouldn't get wet, but he moved it next to the door... A lot of people in our area got hit that night, and they came looking the night after as well.

So the message is hide your money at night or sleep with it in your pocket! It felt absolutely f**king awful knowing that someone had been in and got what they came for.