blur t in the park set

Guest russycarps

No he didn't say it was the last gig ever - just the last gig - which makes sense as it's the last gig they have booked on this tour, even if they were deciding to call it a day I doubt they'd do so whilst actually on tour and obviously enjoying it. Plus they've been leaving the whole new music thing open, if they had decided to finish then they wouldn't have done that.

I think (and HOPE) that if he meant last gig ever he would have made it clear and said ever.

Glad I've seen them a stupid amount of times though, can't say I didn't try.....

Anyone go to T in the park and Glasto? I thought T in the Park come over well in the atmosphere 'we will sing every song' stakes - I'm 41 , the crowd looked a little younger than the average glasto goer - just wondering what age groups attend

Is it comparable with V and Carling type festivals? Would like to hear about any comparisions

Anyone go to T in the park and Glasto? I thought T in the Park come over well in the atmosphere 'we will sing every song' stakes - I'm 41 , the crowd looked a little younger than the average glasto goer - just wondering what age groups attend

Is it comparable with V and Carling type festivals? Would like to hear about any comparisions

There are rumours flying around that the delay was due to a bust-up rather than Graham being in hospital. And it was also planned that a little supergroup was gonna be formed to stand in for them if they pulled out - according to Edith Bowman (who's in the know when it comes to Elbow) Guy Garvey was gonna join Snow Patrol for a cover of Tender.

Of course those rumours are gonna be about because of what happened before, but there's absolutely no evidence to suggest this - they've appeared to be nothing short of best friends enjoying themselves at all times during these gigs - something that could not be said from pretty much 1995-2003, great as the gigs always were, the tensions were obvious, boiling over around 1999, where Graham wouldn't even look at Damon and would just start songs over him when he got bored of listening to Damon interact with the crowd.

Graham (thinks it was) some dodgy oysters he had - he fainted on the hotel stairs and then was vomiting and had diarrhea, he went to hospital and they raised his blood pressure before discharging him.

These rumours will obviously be around because of the past, but it's pretty unfair on the guy - he was really ill and came straight from hospital to rescue the crowd from the clutches of Snow Patrol and they won't just believe that he was ill.

I only saw what was televised of T, I actually went to Glasto and was right at the front, but did watch the footage afterwards, and thought Glasto looked like it had a better atmosphere, I'm probably biased, but the sing-alongs seemed much better for a start, you could barely even hear the crowd in Girls And Boys at T, compared to Glasto, though Glasto definitely wasn't my favourite Blur gig this summer - far from it, just my feelings.... Sure T was different actually being there though, they just seemed less aware of Blur's stuff.....

I wasn't suggesting that you subscribed to the rumours - and actually thought I'd written this, but just read it back and it appears that I forgot to. So sorry. Those criticisms weren't directed at you; just at whoever created the rumours - as I said, I understand where they came from, but it's pretty unfair on Graham.

And as I said - I wasn't at T so am just going on what the BBC broadcast - compared with the broadcast of Glasto, putting aside my memories of being there, the crowd participation seemed less, but that could well be due to the BBC turning the crowd down at T and there being more people at Glasto.

I never said the Elbow/Snow Patrol thing was bullshit - I'd been assuming all of last night when it wasn't clear whether or not they'd make it that Snow Patrol would both play for longer and cover a Blur song..

I wasn't suggesting that you subscribed to the rumours - and actually thought I'd written this, but just read it back and it appears that I forgot to. So sorry. Those criticisms weren't directed at you; just at whoever created the rumours - as I said, I understand where they came from, but it's pretty unfair on Graham.

And as I said - I wasn't at T so am just going on what the BBC broadcast - compared with the broadcast of Glasto, putting aside my memories of being there, the crowd participation seemed less, but that could well be due to the BBC turning the crowd down at T and there being more people at Glasto.

I never said the Elbow/Snow Patrol thing was bullshit - I'd been assuming all of last night when it wasn't clear whether or not they'd make it that Snow Patrol would both play for longer and cover a Blur song..

Saw the T-in-the-Park set. They seemed OK, but did seem to be rather rushing it. Could Albarn have sung Parklife any faster?

Understandable if Graham was poorly though. Poor bloke.

Yeah, good crowd, but down the front at Glasto it was pretty lively.

Edited by GingerRock

There are rumours flying around that the delay was due to a bust-up rather than Graham being in hospital. And it was also planned that a little supergroup was gonna be formed to stand in for them if they pulled out - according to Edith Bowman (who's in the know when it comes to Elbow) Guy Garvey was gonna join Snow Patrol for a cover of Tender.

Just to add to the singing fast thing.

I've seen Blur many times and i personally think they have a real timing problem. They always seem to be speeding up and slowing down in within songs.

However i am prepared to accept that this could just be me because know one else ever mentions it?

has anyone else notice this ? or is it just me?

having said all that i did really enjoy th glasto set.

Did BBC show the full T IN THE PARK set at all??? If so could someone upload the audio onto here?! It was an excellent set.. although they missed out some great tunes they played brilliantly. If BBC are only showing bits and bobs of the headlining act then they are clearly stupid..

Edited by DAMIXTAPES