I broke into Glasto....

Guest Doomz

I dont think its as complicated as people think.............

I have never been to a festival without a re-entry policy..........Glasto is the only one that gives out passes..........the others rely on only the wrist band............

Staff cost would not increase IMO as you will already have the gates maned with enough staff........The process as it is does not take long especially when most staff are not even checking the tickets properly........Check, Scan, wrist band clamp ............and your on your way!!

My ticket was only checked BTW when doin a re-entry...........Anyone could of got in with my ticket.........

I dont know exactly what the cost benifit to TM is with an electronic system, but as I said there must be or they would not of stuck to it.............as such IMO I think it would work at Glasto as, usually these systems have a better cost benifit when used on a larger scale.............if a small gig of a few thousand can afford this system then Glasto could afford it, IMO............175000 people and multiple entrances may complicate things a little, but nothing mankind can over come! :(

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't read all the replies in this thread but it would seem to me that it is good there is a slight flaw in the re-entry system else you would have spent the festival sitting outside. I thought the main flaw had been covered since 2005 when a friend in a similar situation wasn't allowed in but finally found a sloight flaw that worked. A lot of people lose tickets through the festival and the people in the office have to deal with them in vast numbers, the only time i saw them treat someone badly in my opinion was when a friend who was working had lost her ticket and wasn't allowed at all even to do her shifts, that was a bit of a bugger. She finally borrowed someone elses ticket and got in on the Saturday night.

Hey Doomz!

It's amazing that Ticketmaster don't vet personalities of their staff.

This part is the cherry - just pure bullys and thugs - "one guy, and remember this person has paid nearly 200 POUNDS for a ticket, was driven

out several miles into the country, and dumped by the roadside with just their tent, after demanding

to speak to a supervisor"

Jackman

Hey Doomz!

It's amazing that Ticketmaster don't vet personalities of their staff.

This part is the cherry - just pure bullys and thugs - "one guy, and remember this person has paid nearly 200 POUNDS for a ticket, was driven

out several miles into the country, and dumped by the roadside with just their tent, after demanding

to speak to a supervisor"

Jackman

Can't be bothered reading this massive thread but I read the first two pages. All that I think I really want to say is that eFestivals (Neil) is clearly a total moron.

Though I guess across 17 pages someone's already said that.

Well done to the bloke who broke in, and next year I hope there's a fairer and more sensible system; one I'm sure Neil will think is completely perfect as well.

Am i missing something? for all seated gigs, you can get a replacement ticket. Most venues scan tickets, and you can, if you fight hard enough, get your old ticket cancelled and a new one sent to you. Your not paying for your ticket, your paying for the gig.

For glasto, they have your photo on the ticket. They should have a given you a spare ticket no arguments. If they can't employ people who can distinguish people on a photo ticket, thats their problem not yours. If the guy had just jumped over without paying, thats bad. If he had to because seetickets can;t be arsed helping him, f**k them.

Would people be more sympthathetic if the ticket stolen?

While I understand your frustration at having lost your ticket and still wishing to attend.....

As you point out, the T&Cs say you need your ticket to enter.

No one treated you like shit apart from yourself. You had lost the ticket that you need to have to enter. That is no one's fault but your own.

How much you've spent is an irrelevance. An equivalent of what you're saying is: You go to the bank and withdraw £1000; you lose that £1000; you go back to the bank and demand another £1000 cos you lost the first £1000; they laugh at you cos you're taking the piss and don't give you another £1000.

Would their laughter be unjustified? Or would it be what you'd rightly expect to happen due to you having lost that £1000 by your own fault? :P .... There is only one right answer.

They do not have to implement any lost ticket system; it is not and never should be their responsibility for what you do totally outside of their control. Or do you still expect your mother to wipe your arse for you? :P

If they were to implement a lost ticket system, there would be massive expenses for them to do so. It would require a site-wide computer system (not easy to keep up and running due to the weather), custom-written software; extra staff; extra delays at the gates; and probably much more.

Why should the rest of us pick up these costs just because a tiny number of people can't take responsibility for their own doings?

I sympathise with you still wanting to go. But it's still all your own fault, and you expecting others to take responsibility for your own actions is about as pathetic as things can get.

ah neil bollocks! what a pleasure to return to efests at such a wonderful time!

Did you, or did you not, at this time last year complain bitterly about YOUR huge Orange bill from the summer? YOU ran up the charges and then thought it wrong and unfair to be billed for them because they were higher than you believed they were. Subsequently Orange voided the bills as a show of good faith, which i'm sure means that all other Orange users footed YOUR bill. Orange never charged you a penny more than the contract you signed stated, whether you read before signing or not.

If you were happy enough to let Orange waiver the charges for you, how can you take such a c**tish position on this festival goer?

Interesting. I only added that part today. The original version assumed that the photographs would be enough - although that does mean that people have to make sure the photos are a decent likeness. Still, it seems to be good enough for, say, passport checks at country borders.

not bollox at all.

The T&Cs say you need the ticket. He had no ticket.

End of.

If I'm talking bollox, how do you think that Glastonbury can possibly control the numbers on site as they're legally required to if they let in people without tickets?

Because our photo's are on the tickets nowadays. No-one else is going to be able to use the 'lost' ticket, so there are going to be more people on site than tickets sold.

I think you are being a tad harsh. Give the guy a break. Let's hope you never lose something aye.

While I understand your frustration at having lost your ticket and still wishing to attend.....

As you point out, the T&Cs say you need your ticket to enter.

No one treated you like shit apart from yourself. You had lost the ticket that you need to have to enter. That is no one's fault but your own.

How much you've spent is an irrelevance. An equivalent of what you're saying is: You go to the bank and withdraw £1000; you lose that £1000; you go back to the bank and demand another £1000 cos you lost the first £1000; they laugh at you cos you're taking the piss and don't give you another £1000.

Would their laughter be unjustified? Or would it be what you'd rightly expect to happen due to you having lost that £1000 by your own fault? :P .... There is only one right answer.

They do not have to implement any lost ticket system; it is not and never should be their responsibility for what you do totally outside of their control. Or do you still expect your mother to wipe your arse for you? :P

If they were to implement a lost ticket system, there would be massive expenses for them to do so. It would require a site-wide computer system (not easy to keep up and running due to the weather), custom-written software; extra staff; extra delays at the gates; and probably much more.

Why should the rest of us pick up these costs just because a tiny number of people can't take responsibility for their own doings?

I sympathise with you still wanting to go. But it's still all your own fault, and you expecting others to take responsibility for your own actions is about as pathetic as things can get.

It isn't a case of what GFL or anyone else are legally obliged to do, we all know they are fully within their rights to deny entry to anyone without a ticket. But if they want to run a successful music festival they need to provide what their customers require in order to win their loyalty and future custom, in this case a solution to the problem of customers losing tickets.

it's not a case of 'it pretty much works, so why change it?'

it should be a case of GFL or whoever wanting to do things the best way. That's what they should be striving for.

Stuzo's post above is excellent. If we have to pay 5 pounds a ticket booking fee, well the money is clearly there. I'm fascinated as to what that 5 quid goes on. Anybody care to enlighten me? Cos my view is that it's f**kign extortionate.