World Cup 2010

Guest rock n roll star

I wonder what they will do if any of the home nations (England) qualify for the world cup,If there is a game during glasto they can't put it on the Queens Head screens . It was rammed for the lions and also maximo park. In 2006 they put it on the pyramid but i think a band had pulled out so they changed stage times ( i think :P ), But i remember the atmostphere was fantastic, Any Thoughts.. :O

If England are drawn in any group other than A or B, they will play there final group game on eithier the Wednesday, Thursday or Friday.

If they are in group A,B, C or D and qualify for the 2nd round, they will play on eithier the saturday or sunday.

If they are drawn in group C or D it is entirely possible they will play on both the wednesday and eithier the saturday or sunday.

And since we have just about qualified it's almost a certainty at least one England game will take place during Glastonbury.

We could also end up playing in the afternoon game on the monday... would be a nightmare for people travelling home and wanting to see it!

Edited by MJMilz14

Erm...there was main stage footy action in 1998 during an uber wettening. James refused to go on stage until the match was finished. Pretty sure it was being shown on the screen at the Pyramid.

Me was watching Rolf in the Acoustic and could hear the shouts from the Pyramid when we scored against Romania or whoever it was!

And after Rolf in 02, ok we werent in the final but there was 20 mins of the Germany - Brazil final shown (without sound).

Escaped the Thursday night mentalness in 04 by scooting to London to go to Brixton academy...Orbital were on late cos of the footy! :lol:

If England are though there will be something shown dont worry. And as the crowds are so fecking ridiculous these days anyway, it will be the Pyramid no matter what!

Not so sure it will be shown. If it's the Weds/Thurs it will be but certainly not on the Sat/Sun. If if were known for sure England would be playing on one of those days right now, then a gap could be left in the schedule. But Eavis is hardly going to book one less band for the Pyramid "just in case" else there will be a massive gap if they don't get through.

And as someone has already pointed out, the crowds would be so big that it would HAVE to be shown on the Pyramid as no-where else would be sufficient and would just get over-crowded. Given that I can see a blanket statement being made that it won't be shown anywhere on site.

And again, can't see them showing bits of it between bands as you'll get the James situation again which I don't think Eavis was very happy about at all.

Although I love my football , I could not give a toss about it at Glasto !

I would get more fun and enjoyment sat at cider bus !

And the Johnathon Woodgate - Glasto Incident confirms my convictions !!!!

:ph34r: