this festival is awful

Guest Jackmypie

THis has been going on for So long now.

Surely you have all realised that you are all getting no where.

I'd suggest all of you giving up and accepting that we all have different opinions and will never really agree.

Obviously both festivals are good, after all they have both been going for decades and why does it matter which is better.

I think we would all be better off dropping the matter and doing something a bit more productive.

If you must insist on carrying on this ridiculus argument, until both festivals have finished then at least make it more amusing then you have been.

It gets a bit boring reading the same comment over and over, expecially when they are so well constructed.

I can't believe a troll has started something that we have all bitten at so much.

For those that will be there See you at Reading for those that went to glasto hope it was fun.

NOW GET OVER YOURSELVES!

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as far as outgoings when you're at the festival that's wrong. I spent just under £75 at glasto this year, whereas at reading, I tend to spend over £150.

This summer is my 7th consecutive Reading festival and trust me, i've had some great times there, some of the best moments of my life, but in June, I went to my first ever Glasto and I have to say, it completely rivals Reading as being my favourite festival.

the only positive thing that reading has over Glasto is that it's probably more catered to my taste in music, or it used to be, sadly it's gone downhill in the past few years. Reading has also got awfully overcrowded since I started going. My other hold ups about Reading are some of the fools (minority) that go and start dangerous fires and have a complete disrespect for other people and their property. Luckily i have never had anything bad happen to me or my property, but i've seen it happen by completely senseless teenagers.

The more I think about it, Glastonbury shows up all Reading's bad points.

I think the last couple of years i've gone to Reading has been due to the fact that we've built up a massive group that go every year (usually 40-50 of us) and it's such a good social weekend and a great way to end the summer, but I have vowed this to be my last Reading. From now on I'm a Glastonbury man, but with fond teenage memories of Reading.

Subjectively there is no better festival and it is all down to what your personal preferences are.

Objectively (if there is such a thing?) Glastonbury is definitely better.

If you were to make a poll of all the festivalgoers of Britain to determine what were the things a festival should and shouldn't have and thus compiled a check list or some kind of statistical comparison, then I would be very confident Glastonbury would come out on top.

I just looked around for the most reasonably priced food and only bought a few pints of brothers and burrow hill if i ran out of my daily supply from my rucksack. unfortunatley, you can't carry alcohol into the reading arena, which makes it so much more expensive. (i think that's what you're saying "how?" to?)

yeah, i agree, calling someone an idiot for an opinion on a subject which in the grand scheme of things is a much of a muchness, is a bit silly.

impossible for anyone to prefer reading as it was substandard in comparison to glasto in every single way.

To be fair (and aside from music preferences) Glastonbury is!!!

The essential - and huge - differences are this: Reading is a gig in field, Glastonbury is a festival.

(That doesn't mean that Reading doesn't have it's place - it certainly does).

To be fair (and aside from music preferences) Glastonbury is!!!

The essential - and huge - differences are this: Reading is a gig in field, Glastonbury is a festival.

(That doesn't mean that Reading doesn't have it's place - it certainly does).

While I agree that Glastonbury is better then Reading I don't understand why people seem to think other festivals aren't proper festivals and thus describe them as 'a gig in a field'. No, they are music festivals. Just cause Glastonbury offers so much more and is a much bigger festival doesn't automatically relegate other events from being a festival.

I found a lot of bands playing the Main Stage at R/L this year played Glasto this year. The Prodigy, Maximo Park, Enter Shikari, Eagles Of Death Metal, The Rakes, Bloc Party, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Brand New, The View, Noah And The Whale were all there. Plus you had acts such as Blur, Neil Young, Kasabian, Dizzee Rascal, Nick Cave, Franz Ferdinand, Doves and Echo And The Bunnymen who have played Reading before. So people making out that Glasto and R/L are different musically are wrong.

I found a lot of bands playing the Main Stage at R/L this year played Glasto this year. The Prodigy, Maximo Park, Enter Shikari, Eagles Of Death Metal, The Rakes, Bloc Party, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Brand New, The View, Noah And The Whale were all there. Plus you had acts such as Blur, Neil Young, Kasabian, Dizzee Rascal, Nick Cave, Franz Ferdinand, Doves and Echo And The Bunnymen who have played Reading before. So people making out that Glasto and R/L are different musically are wrong.

So what does it take for a music festival to be classed as a festival? What are the criteria?

We have a local some cider festivals around here to, though I guess they should just start calling them pubs in fields etc.

Surely something like blur in hyde park is a gig in a field? One stage, 4 bands on after one each other with nothing else to do in a big field?