Neil Young at IOW?

Guest pedmills

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get in, he's played Don't Let it Bring You Down in the last couple of shows! My favourite NY song but I didn't think he normally plays it. Just need Out on the Weekend and After the Gold Rush to magically make their way on to the set list and I'll be a very happy man! Come on Neil, you know you want to!

I watched the coverage on Saturday night and it was atrocious. If I tune in to watch a music festival, it means I want to see proper live performances, not exclusive back stage performances from razorshite. I didn't watch any of Sunday's coverage, but I opened this thread knowing you were all going to be sorely disappointed.

I was hoping to find some footage somewhere though as I'm still undecided on whether to go and see him at Glasto or not.

I'll be keeping an eagle eye on the setlists for the rest of his European tour before he hits Pilton. I'd be a happy chappy if he plays any of his recent sets. http://www.sugarmtn.org/years/09nysets.html

But I'd be interested to know why he doesn't play 'After the Goldrush' at all though. Looks like its not been on the bill at any of his shows this year. I guess he just doesn't like it anymore the grumpy bugger. If only he took requests a la Springsteen. Maybe I'll make a big 'Cortez the Killer' sign and push my way to the front just to make sure he plays it.

But, he pretty much always seems to play 'Old Man', 'Heart of Gold', 'Hey Hey My My', 'Pochontas', 'Cinnamon Girl', 'Don't let it bring you down', 'Down by the river', plus others that come in and out like 'Cowgirl in the sand', 'Needle and the damage done', 'Like a Hurricane', 'f**kin Up', 'Cortez'. The Glasto set will be longer than the recent shows so it'll be crammed with Ol' Shakey goodness no matter what! :lol:

I sent an email specifically asking for them to apoligise, saying that they should have been aware of any reasons why they couldnt show neil young in advance and a full apology should be given.

They sent the same bog standard email, saying there were many reasons why neil young couldnt play. No apology.

I'll be keeping an eagle eye on the setlists for the rest of his European tour before he hits Pilton. I'd be a happy chappy if he plays any of his recent sets. http://www.sugarmtn.org/years/09nysets.html

But I'd be interested to know why he doesn't play 'After the Goldrush' at all though. Looks like its not been on the bill at any of his shows this year. I guess he just doesn't like it anymore the grumpy bugger. If only he took requests a la Springsteen. Maybe I'll make a big 'Cortez the Killer' sign and push my way to the front just to make sure he plays it.

But, he pretty much always seems to play 'Old Man', 'Heart of Gold', 'Hey Hey My My', 'Pochontas', 'Cinnamon Girl', 'Don't let it bring you down', 'Down by the river', plus others that come in and out like 'Cowgirl in the sand', 'Needle and the damage done', 'Like a Hurricane', 'f**kin Up', 'Cortez'. The Glasto set will be longer than the recent shows so it'll be crammed with Ol' Shakey goodness no matter what! :unsure:

But, he pretty much always seems to play 'Old Man', 'Heart of Gold', 'Hey Hey My My', 'Pochontas', 'Cinnamon Girl', 'Don't let it bring you down', 'Down by the river', plus others that come in and out like 'Cowgirl in the sand', 'Needle and the damage done', 'Like a Hurricane', 'f**kin Up', 'Cortez'. The Glasto set will be longer than the recent shows so it'll be crammed with Ol' Shakey goodness no matter what! :ph34r:

ITV2 should stick to what it does best! That is, (1) Showing 10 year old repeats of Judge Judy. (2) Screening endless re-runs of that Grrrreat double act of Arnie and De Vito in Twins.

As for The Neil Young shambolic episode? I'm not bothered! Being a great NY fan I will see him in Hyde Park in two weeks time. The most you would have gotten on that shite channel would have been ten minutes.

Now over to the Stereophonics which we recorded earlier.

Edited by MsMoaningMinnie

not sure if this says more about Neil Young's performance, or the demographic of the audience at IoW (i suspect the latter), but according to a mate who went, during the weekend - the previous 2 headliners packed out the arena, for NY he could have strolled straight to the front.....

not sure if this says more about Neil Young's performance, or the demographic of the audience at IoW (i suspect the latter), but according to a mate who went, during the weekend - the previous 2 headliners packed out the arena, for NY he could have strolled straight to the front.....

Well according to its listing tonight, the IOW highlights show includes some ol shakey

Performances from the music festival, which featured the Prodigy, Basement Jaxx, Stereophonics, Razorlight, Neil Young and Simple Minds
Edited by kohoutec

Well according to its listing tonight, the IOW highlights show includes some ol shakey

8pm ITV2 - Reckon we will actually get any Neil? I don't think I could sit through the likes of Razorlight and Stereophonics without getting at least a song.