Name the one thing...

Guest randy marsh

ARGH. So much to do for my first time. First off, going to the festival :)

Stone Circle on the Wednesday/sunday night/sunrise. Apparently this is a 100% must at least once at the festival.

Dance Village mostly 3D silent disco.

Born to Run (Need I say more?)

Exploring, finding things to do, bands to see and generally having the time of my life.

Oh, the ONE thing... nope. Can't pinpoint it.

Edited by Ashaz42

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just remember the golden rule...do the first trip AT NIGHT and he must not look behind him at any time until you get to the right spot on the hill and THEN you turn him around...be sure to be standing behind him to catch him as he falls over in awe! This will also happen up at the new lookout above the Park! Have someone standing behind YOU if you havent experienced this incredible moment! :P

Just remember the golden rule...do the first trip AT NIGHT and he must not look behind him at any time until you get to the right spot on the hill and THEN you turn him around...be sure to be standing behind him to catch him as he falls over in awe! This will also happen up at the new lookout above the Park! Have someone standing behind YOU if you havent experienced this incredible moment! :rolleyes:

It has to be finishing dragging my stuff across the site, putting my tent up and then finally with everything in place standing looking out over the site with a pint of wine in my hand! Last year this happened at 05:30 on Friday morning when there was a smoke / mist across the site with loads of Chinese lanterns floating up into the sky and cheers erupting from everywhere - bliss!! Although this year we're arriving on Wednesday so might not hit the 05:30 moment again! :rolleyes:

Mine would be the point when the tent has been erected and you sit down in your chair, crack open your first beer, spark up, and hear the roar/cheer/whooping that can only be described as a 'mexican wave of sound' travelling accross the site, as peoples excitement reaches fever pitch!!!
Edited by kloot

I'm with all of you about the start of the festival - it's always good to be back at Glastonbury!

But my favourite bit has to be about 6.30am on Monday morning - having danced away all of Sunday night with all the other crazy folk who are determined to get every last ounce of enjoyment out of their time there! When the DJ finally stops the music on some high note, a big cheer goes up, and the peoples smiles just cannot be beaten! :D

I'm looking forward to my first hug from a random stranger and my first good deed!

Some of my main memories from last year were just from helping other people, how grateful they were and how good it made me feel about life.

*Wanders up to couple looking very lost and confused carrying all of their bags etc, circa 3-4am Thursday*

"Are you lost?"

"Yes! We're meant to be meeting friends and have no idea how to get to Park Home Ground."

"I know the way, chuck me some of those bags, let's go!"

"Are you sure??"

"Yes course I'm sure, c'mon!"

Saw the lady from the couple in one of the stalls a couple of days later too! Chances of that?! Got another hug :D

I love the journey down!

And then not having any outside world access - no internet, no phoning people who aren't at the festival. That rarely happens for me. In fact, I'm surprised I managed not to call my family as I speak to most of them every day by phone, at least once! Last year it kind of started a bit late though as I was in shock that I was actually offered my dream job when I was 5 minutes from the site which was an AMAZING start to the festival!