Getting Fit for Glasto!

Guest Rachie

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have gone from a pregnant looking 12st'4 to 10st'2 since December, i feel much better and have got rid of that horrible looking beer gut men of my age start getting lol

Theres been a thread usually every year about everyone who wants to get fit! lol.

Ive had 2 kids sinse 07, so been trying to get myself trimmed for that exsesive walking and dancing im going to be doing. Altho ive only started in the past week.. :P

I dont want to looses weight nesserily, just wanna tone the bum, legs and tum :D:D

so anyone joing me?

Ive been drinking 4 pints of water everday,

i walk to work 5 days a week, and thats up hill, about 2 miles there and back each day.

I do a load of sit ups in the morning...just doing 50 at the mo' but hoping to rise it.

Im also lending my mums 'stepper' as of tomorrow :) so will be doing that of an evening.

enbetween im genrally running after 2 toddlers - so i do burn energy.

sooo is anyone else trying to get fit for glasto?

only about 6 weeks to go insnt there!? ive probably left it too late :D oh well every little helps!

Why would you possibly want to get fit for Glasto when most people drink eat, smoke and be ever so merry and with all the damn walking people do at Glasto this will get you some what fit anyway lol so naaaaaaaaaaa just relax eh!!!

By signing up as a cheerleader for the World Cup I have started getting fitter without that being my intention! I thought just turn up on the Wednesday with pom poms, kick the leg as high as it'll go (not that high by all acounts) and do a lil cheering.

NO.

We've been given a video to learn which is V hard. I have just spent the last half an hour trying to learn the routine, have worked up a sweat doing it and only have the first 12 moves down! So, thought I'd join the getting fit for Glasto as I'll have to lose a few pounds with this carry on!

another day without dinner for me. :lol:

made myself a ham buttie tho... ack. stress. (nothing to do with wanting to go without btw, just a stressful time with the family and no appitite...and if im honest if family probs keep up like this, glastos gonna be in jeperdy.) :P

havent done any sit up or anything for a few days, drinking my water tho. :lol:

Edited by Rachie

By signing up as a cheerleader for the World Cup I have started getting fitter without that being my intention! I thought just turn up on the Wednesday with pom poms, kick the leg as high as it'll go (not that high by all acounts) and do a lil cheering.

NO.

We've been given a video to learn which is V hard. I have just spent the last half an hour trying to learn the routine, have worked up a sweat doing it and only have the first 12 moves down! So, thought I'd join the getting fit for Glasto as I'll have to lose a few pounds with this carry on!

Welll...after posting last week how badly I was doing, I have been doing great(ish) since Sunday.

I have been having a smoothie for breakfast, a snack mid morning, lunch and dinner as normla and just tryign to eat healthy/not snack on stuff constantly, every day since Sunday. I have also developed a home exercise campaign. My stomach muscles and arm muscles are aching a tiny bit so that must be good right!? :lol: Haven't cut out the wine though! :lol:

KFC for lunch, Thai green curry for dinner washed down with pressed cider and a bottle of festy strength Brothers...it isnt really happening for me is it? :lol:

cheers, its been very hard but worth it, it's taken

3-4 x 10k runs per week

2/3 weight training sessions per week

6 days of a minimum of 20/30 minutes on a cross-trainer

luckily I was quite fit anyway so it wasn't too much of a hardship to increase to this

Change in diet to 2 shredded wheat for breakfast and lunch

snack on lots of fruit and nuts

Portion management, I love eating but have trained myself to eat less but enjoy it more.

Not sure if i got this right but i've been getting fit for glasto.....last night's dinner was 3 pints of stella and 4 vodka shots....

and surely the best way to train for a weekend of excess is to have them every weekend for a few weeks prior....been doing it for 3 months now and think i got it down to a fine art!!

hmm, not going so well here, in addition to my planned food for the day i've also had a whole bag of prawn crackers and a boost. and am off out boozing tonight, oops!

still, will just have to hammer the excercise if i don't have the will-power, picking up lots of good tips from you guys on here, thanks!

didn't have my breakfast until after i'd cycled to work today and don't think i felt any worse for it, so hopefully that will have burnt off a few more calories than usual if the 'work on an empty stomach' rule is true.

i'm in awe of you all, thanks for teh motivation!

bs x

hmm, not going so well here, in addition to my planned food for the day i've also had a whole bag of prawn crackers and a boost. and am off out boozing tonight, oops!

still, will just have to hammer the excercise if i don't have the will-power, picking up lots of good tips from you guys on here, thanks!

didn't have my breakfast until after i'd cycled to work today and don't think i felt any worse for it, so hopefully that will have burnt off a few more calories than usual if the 'work on an empty stomach' rule is true.

i'm in awe of you all, thanks for teh motivation!

bs x

Edited by markeee