pig flu to close the fest?

Guest scorp

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showb...icle2413466.ece

Glasto pig flu alert

Published: Today

rigTeaserImage

GLASTO chief MICHAEL EAVIS fears his famous festival could face the chop this year over the swine flu outbreak.

The bearded dairy farmer called worried organisers to an extraordinary general meeting to discuss the prospect of cancelling the event amid fears of a pandemic.

There are 28 confirmed swine flu cases in the UK. Planners are concerned the Government will advise the festival should not go ahead between June 24 and 28 to prevent the virus spreading.

All 137,500 tickets have been sold for the Somerset spectacular, with BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN headlining on the Saturday.

It is the UK’s biggest music festival but that puts it at greatest risk of being canned if health fears heighten.

A source said: “So many people gathered in one place is a risk and if the Government wanted to pull public events, like they have done in Mexico, we’d be one of the first to go.

“It would be crazy not to put a plan in place. Right now, though, it is still full steam ahead.”

An official Glasto spokesman added: “We are monitoring all developments.

“At this stage the festival is going ahead and we are continuing to work flat out to make it a success.”

...ends...

but all crowded areas like the tube, buses, mainline trains and supermarkets would continue, i presume...

duh! sack the gov, put chickens in its place. oh, hang they are chickens - headless ones.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Sun? A bigger joke than the Daily Sport!!

If Glasto is cancelled then does that mean the FA Cup Final, Royal Ascot, Wimbledon, Henley Royal Regatta, the British Grand Prix and the British Open Golf Championships will follow suit? I think not!

Muppets!

If Glasto is cancelled then does that mean the FA Cup Final, Royal Ascot, Wimbledon, Henley Royal Regatta, the British Grand Prix and the British Open Golf Championships will follow suit? I think not!

Muppets!

Edited by scorp

The Sun's Gordon Smart has a thing about Glastonbury. He piled it on in 2008, sensing a death he could preside over and say "I told you so".

Except it didn't work out how 'Smart' predicted, and his labourings in the UK's most popular paper turned out to be exactly what they appeared to be - his own personal foibles that noone else, either festival goers or the media, agreed with.

This latest piece may well be nothing to do with him, but there is a certain joy in watching the Sun's "Glasto Is Dead" stories be proven, again and again, to be utter utter shit. And they keep doing it to themselves.

Still, they and their senior staff have got a reputation for foot-shooting. MacKenzie, as late as 2006, still said his Hillsborough stories - for which there are no credible backers - were true.

Edited by paulo999

Haha brittiant, conspiracy theory... :lol:

Edited by jamiejc

Muppets!

Ok... so everyone should just sit in the house for the next 10 months till this all passes.

More responsible journalism from the Scum newspaper. Wouldn't wipe my @rse with it.

Also... I thought Bruce Springsteen was headlining... but BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN. That will be even better!

Edited by scappaflow