*The Best Festival Headliner In The World*

Guest james915

I'm not one of those oasis nobs who just say oasis are bangin' and everyone else is sh*te, but those of us going to V this year should be wetting our pants with excitement

oasis are STILL the best FESTIVAL band in the world. fact. *best band* in the world? who cares. i defy anyone to list a band who could play a better setlist of anthems than oasis will at V this year.

compare it to what the other festivals have got as their exclusive headliner:

leeds / radiohead have got radiohead (arguably the greatest band ever...) but at a festival?! what gets your blood pumping - karma police? fake plastic trees? creep...?! they were awesome at V2006 but oasis will be better.

glastonbury get bruce springsteen...and err....neil young.... we get cigarettes and f*ing alcohol

t in the park is almost identical to V apart from kingsl of leon / blur but we'll all be sick of sex on fire and parklife by august anyway (if you're not already...)

who cares that keane are rubbish?! who gives a toss that the human league weren't even good when they were supposed to be good?!

we are V 2009 and we've got OASIS!

let's get excited. right now

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not one of those oasis nobs who just say oasis are bangin' and everyone else is sh*te, but those of us going to V this year should be wetting our pants with excitement

oasis are STILL the best FESTIVAL band in the world. fact. *best band* in the world? who cares. i defy anyone to list a band who could play a better setlist of anthems than oasis will at V this year.

leeds / radiohead have got radiohead (arguably the greatest band ever...) but at a festival?! what gets your blood pumping - karma police? fake plastic trees? creep...?! they were awesome at V2006 but oasis will be better.

glastonbury get bruce springsteen...and err....neil young.... we get cigarettes and f*ing alcohol

t in the park is almost identical to V apart from kingsl of leon / blur but we'll all be sick of sex on fire and parklife by august anyway (if you're not already...)

who cares that keane are rubbish?! who gives a toss that the human league weren't even good when they were supposed to be good?!

Spot on mate...just 9 or 10 years too late!

Don't get me wrong...I like Oasis...but best headliners?? If you want anthems...look at Coachella...they had Morrissey followed by Paul McCartney...now, that would have been an anthem fest!

Edited by Flaminglippy

thanks James - I'm so happy to read a positive post at last - can we please start looking forward to V - we've paid enough money for it!!!

I LOVE OASIS

I LOVE KILLERS

V is the place for me this summer me-thinks!!

surprise surprise, the newly confirmed bands are pretty damn good and the lineup is starting to look sh*t hot - the organisers of the V festival have come good...again

all the naysayers and doom mongers can sneak away to the forum for the big chill and complain about the fact that orbital are a turd headliner (which they are...)

we'll all sit here with smiles on our faces, beers in our hands and listen to definitely maybe

roll on V'09!

James - you will have a SUPERB time at V - don't listen to everybody moaning, I posted on here a while back saying that we all enjoy different types of music for different reasons - V has a fantastic atmosphere. Sit back, get excited and look forward to that weekend in August - because I am!!!

I will admit it's not as good a line-up as last year - but hey, I'm still going, cos it's still gonna be a great weekend!!!

:D:lol:

surprise surprise, the newly confirmed bands are pretty damn good and the lineup is starting to look sh*t hot - the organisers of the V festival have come good...again

all the naysayers and doom mongers can sneak away to the forum for the big chill and complain about the fact that orbital are a turd headliner (which they are...)

we'll all sit here with smiles on our faces, beers in our hands and listen to definitely maybe

roll on V'09!

Great first post, and I agree with Radiohead point even, and they're my favourite band [i even have a Radiohead tattoo] but at V they were the worst Ive ever seen them, much better on their own shows

Oasis though are a good festival headliner, spot on

haha funniest thread ive seen in ages. oasis the best festival band int he world evaaaa!!! well ive seen then at a fair few festivals and the masses that walk of cant be all wrong. james 915 your comments are up there with the best..glastonbury have neil young and we have cigerettes and alcohol! yeah neil young is a legend so much so that oasis cover him!

yeah reading have radiohead, ask anyone who witnessed there legendry set at glasto 97 if they can cut it as a festival band.

now ts cool for you and everyone to get excited about a band living on past glories but dont say such poor outlandish comments that everyone knows isnt true.

haha funniest thread ive seen in ages. oasis the best festival band int he world evaaaa!!! well ive seen then at a fair few festivals and the masses that walk of cant be all wrong. james 915 your comments are up there with the best..glastonbury have neil young and we have cigerettes and alcohol! yeah neil young is a legend so much so that oasis cover him!

yeah reading have radiohead, ask anyone who witnessed there legendry set at glasto 97 if they can cut it as a festival band.

now ts cool for you and everyone to get excited about a band living on past glories but dont say such poor outlandish comments that everyone knows isnt true.

can you spell "contradiction" ?

you talk about oasis as a band living on past glories then talk about radiohead's "legendary set at glasto 97"!! and i suppose neil young is living on present glories as well...?

oasis have sold out 20 odd dates at wembley, the millenium stadium, slane castle, murrayfield, heaton park THIS SUMMER. would neil young...? would springsteen...?! would blur.....?!?!

no...no they wouldn't

can you spell "contradiction" ?

you talk about oasis as a band living on past glories then talk about radiohead's "legendary set at glasto 97"!! and i suppose neil young is living on present glories as well...?

oasis have sold out 20 odd dates at wembley, the millenium stadium, slane castle, murrayfield, heaton park THIS SUMMER. would neil young...? would springsteen...?! would blur.....?!?!

no...no they wouldn't

Edited by Benj

Saw Oasis at Reading in 99, they were boring, saw Oasis at V in 06 and they were boring. Apparently they stunk the gaff out at Glastonbury last time they played there, they attract nobbish fans, this evidence suggest to me they are not the best festival band in the world.