THE MISSING NME HEADLINER

Guest Azzy G

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.rockenseine.com/2009/line-up.php

Well The Prodigy, Bloc Party, Vampire Weekend and Eagles of Death Metal all are!

Add that to the rocksound interview it seems like a strong rumour to me. I reckon Jamie T will be 3rd with 2 rock acts above - could you have seen Rage n Queens above Fratellis n The Enemy last year?

I think Pearl Jam did that order in 2006 for Leeds > France > Reading? Don't hold me to that.

Either way, I'd say it's a safe bet, mainly due to that interview. They fit the right slot, we ain't got a headliner for the tent that day, it's a 'rock' headliner, someone on here says they're playing and even efests still has them rumoured.

Can't see them not playing the UK this year so I'd guess this slot is certain to be them, albeit there is still a level of guesswork in there.

thomasowen

WTF

Well The Prodigy, Bloc Party, Vampire Weekend and Eagles of Death Metal all are!

Add that to the rocksound interview it seems like a strong rumour to me. I reckon Jamie T will be 3rd with 2 rock acts above - could you have seen Rage n Queens above Fratellis n The Enemy last year?

Are you for real???

Rage against the machine were the band of their generation when they came out, with one of the greatest albums of all time. Then getting back together there was only eveer going to be one slot they would have played and thats headliner, you will be lucky if rage ever play europe again.

As for QOTSA they have 5 albums out and are a really good live act! and a band who are in maturity!

The fratellis have two albums they only had one whe last years lineup was announced yeah there a good up and coming band but not good enough to play above QOTSA.

The enemy are good, but I've just seen them play at the o2 academy in newcastle 2000 people at the most. and thats on the back of one album which is really good, there second album is about to come out which will no doubt get to number one, but they were no way near big enough to play above the other two. Maybe after album 3 we might see tem headline but never above someone like rage, maybe above QOTSA but thats only if there next album is a sucess

Maybe I'm missing something but the Friday at Reading is repeated on the Saturday at Leeds, not the Sunday. So if we're debating The Offspring as a Friday night NME headliner at Reading, their French festival appearance on the Saturday precludes them from headling the NME stage after Jame T, so it's case closed. Am I wrong?

Maybe I'm missing something but the Friday at Reading is repeated on the Saturday at Leeds, not the Sunday. So if we're debating The Offspring as a Friday night NME headliner at Reading, their French festival appearance on the Saturday precludes them from headling the NME stage after Jame T, so it's case closed. Am I wrong?

they've got a date in germany on the 22nd then nothing for week then they are in france. They're not going to jet back to america n come back to europe for one date. They'll probably do some magazine n tv interviews, sight seeing, a show in dublin one in london then leeds & reading.

Dexter holland has his own private plane (read it in kerrang some years back) going from reading to paris to leeds will be nothing.

I'm 90% sure its them. And i they don't play they will most likely be touring UK in those 7 days

Gonna have to disagree there, I think KoL will probably get the biggest crowd of the weekend due to the type of crowd most mainstream festivals attract these days. They've had massive chart success lately plus a lot of fans from before their latest 1 or 2 albums.

If it was this time last year I would agree, but since Only By The Night, they've skyrocketed!

Not that I care, I'll be enjoying Offspring *touches wood* with a huge grin on my face :rolleyes:

i cant say i'm too familiar with offspring apart from pretty fly but i'd probably watch them. Much prefer an energetic offspring in the tent than a dull kings of leon on the mainstage

thomasowen

WTF

Are you for real???

Rage against the machine were the band of their generation when they came out, with one of the greatest albums of all time. Then getting back together there was only eveer going to be one slot they would have played and thats headliner, you will be lucky if rage ever play europe again.

As for QOTSA they have 5 albums out and are a really good live act! and a band who are in maturity!

The fratellis have two albums they only had one whe last years lineup was announced yeah there a good up and coming band but not good enough to play above QOTSA.

The enemy are good, but I've just seen them play at the o2 academy in newcastle 2000 people at the most. and thats on the back of one album which is really good, there second album is about to come out which will no doubt get to number one, but they were no way near big enough to play above the other two. Maybe after album 3 we might see tem headline but never above someone like rage, maybe above QOTSA but thats only if there next album is a sucess