Kasabian

Guest ThomThomDrum

Agree mate, the new stuff is sounding amazing, underdog, fast fuse, Vlad, Fire, Thick as thieves!!

Fave track so far is underdog, can't put into words how good this track is going to sound from the Pyramid :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjDEoWgLjDM...feature=related

Still pinching myself that its going to be Kasabian and then Bruce! What a night this is going to be (For me anyway!!)

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Their new stuff is amazing, and seems to work even better live, can't wait at all

but god in that zane lowe interview, tom doesn't half come across like a twat in a small room (adittedly his ego will fit nicely on the pyramid stage like 07 which was just sick) and his new hair looks a bit shit (i say new i realise for it to be that he has been growing it for a while just having been following them much)

Dont know why you keep calling Tom "special" Implying hes got some learning-difficulties or something? I just cant see it.

And if anyone can give me an Oasis song that sounds like a Beatles song, then I'll eat my hat.

They reference them in their lyrics, just as a nod to The Beatles, but apart from that, I dont think they sound alike ATALL, and I'm not huge fans of either, andd I'm from Liverpool.

Kasabian... still going to be sick.

id give my right nut for the same set list as roayl albert hall

'Underdog'

'Shoot The Runner'

'Reason Is Treason'

'Cutt Off'

'Fire'

'Processed Beats'

'Sun/Rise/Light/Flies'

'Thick As Thieves'

'Me Plus One'

'U Boat'

'Empire'

'Fast Fuse'

'Doberman'

'Club Foot'

'Stuntman'

'You Got The Love'

'L.S.F'

that was f**king amazing :rolleyes: - but they will probably only get just over an hour :rolleyes:

'Underdog'

'Shoot The Runner'

'Reason Is Treason'

'Cutt Off'

'Fire'

'Processed Beats'

'Sun/Rise/Light/Flies'

'Thick As Thieves'

'Me Plus One'

'U Boat'

'Empire'

'Fast Fuse'

'Doberman'

'Club Foot'

'Stuntman'

'You Got The Love'

'L.S.F'

that was f**king amazing :rolleyes: - but they will probably only get just over an hour :rolleyes:

Dont know why you keep calling Tom "special" Implying hes got some learning-difficulties or something? I just cant see it.

And if anyone can give me an Oasis song that sounds like a Beatles song, then I'll eat my hat.

They reference them in their lyrics, just as a nod to The Beatles, but apart from that, I dont think they sound alike ATALL, and I'm not huge fans of either, andd I'm from Liverpool.

Kasabian... still going to be sick.

'Underdog'

'Shoot The Runner'

'Reason Is Treason'

'Cutt Off'

'Fire'

'Processed Beats'

'Sun/Rise/Light/Flies'

'Thick As Thieves'

'Me Plus One'

'U Boat'

'Empire'

'Fast Fuse'

'Doberman'

'Club Foot'

'Stuntman'

'You Got The Love'

'L.S.F'

that was f**king amazing :lol: - but they will probably only get just over an hour :rolleyes:

What sort of time will Kasabian be on if they are second to headliners on Pyramid Stage?

It's just that Stereo MC's (another band I want to see) are on the Glade Stage at 8pm on the Saturday too! I bet they'll clash won't they? Typical

How long will it take to get from Glade to Pyramid on a Saturday evening?

You will tell from my questions I've not been to Glasto before. Any advice greatfully received.

Thanks.

Believe me...I've met him. It's not a learning disability thing so much as an unique, child-like personality that is usually supplemented with a ton of substances. It's really hard to explain, but I know it wasn't just a one-off thing, it's been the same everytime I've been around him.

This year I only have 2 unmissable acts: The Wonderstuff (I believe playing The Avalon) Sat and now Kasabian. And would you fecking believe it.....! ;)

what, thats perfect then

seeing as the boss is getting a longer set than anybody in glastos history, the only way they can work that is that kasabian (and all the other acts that day) will have to be on earlier and play shorter. the stuffies have self cofirmed that they are headlining the avalon sat leaving plenty of time to wander over from the pyramid to see miles and the gang (its what i may end up doing)

what great saturday - full on in yer face indiedancerock followed by the stuffies doing what they do best - good times ;)

Edited by BenchBuddah

Not necessarily, I'm sure I saw somewhere Glastonbury are allowed live music up until 12.30 which would mean no change at all(or maybe acts starting a little earlier/smaller acts getting less time). Springsteen will just play later me thinks, don't think it will effect the 3 acts before Bruce in relation to set length.

• 1 month later...

So... "West Ryder Pauper Lunatic Asylum".

Miles better than the last album and it is off the f**king hook cool at times ("Take Aim" for example). They been overdoing the Ennio Morricone a little though. :lol:

Serge is honestly one of the soppiest, most lovable hippys in England right now. Tune on here called "Happiness" sounds like it coulda come off Screamadelica... If they wanna "go there" they could finish their show with this and it would segue seemlessly into His Bruceness.

:lol:

Ive seen already them play Glasters and had my doubts...

But I am now pretty convinced that this will be a fantastic, unmissible show.

8.5/10.

Edited by Wooderson

Just giving the new album it's 3rd run out and it is a pleasure, a real testacle tingling joy.

This show could be the making of them, ala Kings of Leon last year. If anyones not seen them live I implore you catch them at Glastonbury as they really are something special, Tom Meighan has a fantastic ability of getting a crowd rocking.

I'll be seeing them in Glasgow 2 weeks before the festival but LSF at the Pyramid Stage could be a prety momentous moment in this cubs life.

cannot wait til them now, loving the new album.

still undecided as to what to do after kasabian on the sat! no one that stands out to me, yet a few i know i should see.. might just end up going with the flow and let that night be the wishy washy one. anyone suggest anything that i would be a fool to miss after kasabian?