Bands we *Know* Will Play

Guest Englishdragon

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weezer aint exactly a rumour, just something they said in an interview that could easily have been misquoted. Same with Frank Turner, although they still could be a punt to put down as a rumour its nothing concrete really untill something is more official either from the organisers or bands. I guess...
Edited by noalarms

Surely The Cure will play?

The last 2 years the recipitent of the NME Godlike Genius Award has headlined the NME/Radio 1 tent I think. So, surely that would suggest The Cure will play Reading/Leeds this year?

Of course, I would imagine they would be main stage headliners rather than NME tent?

Surely The Cure will play?

The last 2 years the recipitent of the NME Godlike Genius Award has headlined the NME/Radio 1 tent I think. So, surely that would suggest The Cure will play Reading/Leeds this year?

Of course, I would imagine they would be main stage headliners rather than NME tent?

its a touchy subject when you think what 'makes' a headliner. If you're basing on album sales alone then a lot of bands wouldnt headline.

Headline acts should be big name acts you can't see anywhere else (e.g. on a standard tour) that often. They should be rare 'cant miss' moments in my opinion.

Metallica are a huge band - but theyve played so much over the last few years i actually pray they don't headline festivals that year.

Glasto has Bruce Springsteen and Neil Young, you wont see those guys many other places in the UK this year. They wont be doing tours or small town arenas. Download has faith no more who are reforming after 11 or so years and its their only uk gig. THAT in my view is a definition of a headliner which i would say the Cure fall under, regardless of album sales

How many albums had the Darkness sold when they headlined *shudder*

Or even Pixies.

It isn't just based on album sales.

Just because the Cure won Godlike Genius doesn't necessarily mean they'll play Reading/Leeds. I remember when New Order won a few years ago and they played below Coldplay at Glastonbury.

Whats happened is, neil's got some amazing rumours for who is playing. But has decided that the list is so good that it cannot be true. So has decided to not put them up. Fact.

isn't it great that some people are such great mind readers. :D

Or alternatively, why are some people such cocks that they feel the need to make up bullshit to try to make themselves feel important. :D