Springsteen confirmed

Guest Winston Legthigh

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think there is probably a reason why he never plays festivals, infact i be qutie surprised if he hardly ever plays outside of the states, Michael Jackson is one of the biggest selling artist's of all time and never plays festivals, i'd rather see him. Bruce is for yanks,pissed up at a party and feel like banging on "born in the usa"NOT for headlining a 2009 festival, i bought his new album, and listened to alot on the net and he's shit,come on, stop the blind faith and admit it.

I don't neccessarily agree with your analysis of the "The Boss", but saying "He's a huge act" isn't goinig to get me to turn up.

And most of the stuff by him I've heard probably won't either I'd say. I find his work a bit simplistic, his lyrics a bit basic, a lot of his melodies leave me cold. I'm told it's all about his live performances, but really I'm not sure investing my time in that. I'll call it on the day.

Get in (Even though we knew it)

Looking forward to one of the greatest Pyramid headline slots ever, roll on June! :unsure:

You said that he's one of the biggest selling artists was one of the reasons why people should go and see him. My point is Michael Jackson is bigger by many definitions, but I wouldn't go and see him either.

You like him, fine. Other's don't and that's fine. I think he's basic and rudamentary, and that's fine and has it's place.

stonedhenge was probably a bit harsh mind about the piss throwing comments. Which I've never seen at Glasto. Ever.

You said that he's one of the biggest selling artists was one of the reasons why people should go and see him. My point is Michael Jackson is bigger by many definitions, but I wouldn't go and see him either.

You like him, fine. Other's don't and that's fine. I think he's basic and rudamentary, and that's fine and has it's place.

stonedhenge was probably a bit harsh mind about the piss throwing comments. Which I've never seen at Glasto. Ever.

I think the Glasto Folk will be shouting Bruuuuuuceeeeeeeee not Boooooo :unsure:

It's been said so many times but looks like it has to be repeated, there will be close to 1,000 acts playing at Glastonbury, if you don't like one, you see someone else, there will be so much choice and that's why you don't see much piss throwing man, becuase you simply goto another stage.

I think it would be hell if you loved all the headliners and stayed at the Pyramid Stage all day for the festival, whatever it is that you are into you will find more than enough to keep you happy. Trust me on this one.

TBH I really don't like his music, my dad showed it to me and to me it sounds all the same. But, I'm willing for my dad to drag me to see him, since I heared he was amazing live. It's just like last year really, when allthe naysayers were saying stuff about Jay Z, but he pulled a blinding set!

I'm expecting it to be really brilliant, hopefully the highlight of the weekend. I'm always willing to try out something new.

Cheers,

BlackHole2006

I can't see how anyone thinks this is a bad booking.

I'm not a fan, and won't be going to see him, but you can't argue with the pedigree.

I'd love to see 'Born in the USA' though.

You will instead find me dancing on my own to Franz Ferdinand at the other stage. Horses for courses etc.

Firstly, well done Neil at efests for telling us about this one months ago.

I won't be going to see him on the Saturday as I think his music is awful, but a lot of folks on here seem very happy so I'm happy for them.

Either way, it's a pretty good move by Eavis to get such a big name and a lot better than the bi-annual dose of Snore Patrol and the Killers/KOL being served by T in the Park etc

gutted by this news, the first time i goto glasto and we have a jumped up,over hyped, wwe wrestler wanna be as the main headliner, i have listened to his new albium, its rubbish, sounds like every song on it he is trying to copy someone one else's style, his old stuff is rubbish, f**k sake there better be someone good playing to justify buying a ticket without knowing who's playing. royally f**ked off. SORT IT OUT!

Great news for the festival, Im sure all you Bruce haters may change your mind after seeing him live, he puts so much passion and soul into every song and after a 21/2 hour show Im sure you'll be almost as tired as him, btw Bruce hasnt played BITUSA in rock mode with the band since October 2004 so thats puts things into perspective, this man has hundreds of songs to draw from ffs

personally hoping he'll bring the intro to prove it back

imagine this opening the show, be flippin awesome.

Great news for the festival, Im sure all you Bruce haters may change your mind after seeing him live, he puts so much passion and soul into every song and after a 21/2 hour show Im sure you'll be almost as tired as him, btw Bruce hasnt played BITUSA in rock mode with the band since October 2004 so thats puts things into perspective, this man has hundreds of songs to draw from ffs