Isle Of Wight festival boss gives headline clues

Guest ArcticMonkeysUK

Isle Of Wight festival boss gives headline clues

Festival founder rules out two rumoured acts

Isle Of Wight Festival chief John Giddings has given clues as to might be headlining the bash this year along with The Prodigy, and has ruled out two rumoured acts.

Giddings, who founded the festival, said that negotiations with possible Saturday (June 13) and Sunday (14) headliners were still taking place, saying that both acts were guitar-based.

Speaking to NME.COM, he quashed industry rumours that Oasis and Kings Of Leon were set to play at the event. "It's definitely neither of those," he said. "I can honestly tell you it's neither."

He added: "We're negotiating with the headliners for the Saturday and Sunday. They're definitely guitar bands."

Although he wouldn't be drawn on possible headline names, Gidding did give a clue as to who might appear at the bash further down the bill. "I was thinking about booking The Zombies," he said, because they did 'Odessey And Oracle' [the 1968 album the band played in full at 2008 shows, and are set to play live again at UK dates in April]. They're amazing, because they have musicianship. You don't have bands like that any more."

As well as The Prodigy, Basement Jaxx, The Ting Tings and Pendulum are confirmed for the festival, which kicks off on June 12.

Havent posted in a while but i have been thinking for a few weeks now about maybe franz ferdinand and radiohead headlining. this news may make it sound plausible but im not sure if franz are big enough to headline (i dont rate them that much) but i cant think of any bands touring at the moment doing it.

oh please let it be Radiohead, so many times in the past i have had the oppertunity and planned on seeing them only for things to gotits up and me not be able to go, so for them to then headline somewhere i am going to be anyway will be awesome.

RADIOHEAD COMING TO SEE ME!

i wouldnt mind seeing radiohead :lol:

i wouldnt mind seeing radiohead :lol:

bloody hate razorlight!

Good shout!

The Charlatans have curated the line-up for the Big Top Stage for the Sunday night (June 14) of the Isle Of Wight Festival.

Tim Burgess and co will headline the stage at the bash and, according to a statement from the festival organisers, have had "complete control" over which bands will play before them – although the rest of the line-up is yet to be announced.

In a statement Burgess said, "I have already approached quite a few impressive new bands (some you will know, some you might not). The Isle Of Wight festival is a special festival to me, so all up and coming bands, be on the look out – you could be taking the stage."

Taken from NME.com.

You have anymore inside info?

I have very reliable, however pointles, inside information, (A family member is friends with JG), the family member spoke to JG the other day and he told him that no bands have been booked as of yet however a few "very big names" have been aproached but no reply has been had yet. JG said he did not want to say who because he is supersticious! ;)

Edited by rosierosie