Pukkelpop 2009

Guest Semprini

hey guys.

im getting the eurostar train at 5.58 from kings cross in london... is anyone else gettin on this train...?

and does anyone want to meet up and camp? because im heading over there solo, and i know any one at all going... witch is going to be weird sortof, but i dont care really haha. be good to camp with somone who is sort of not so random? haha

f**k im exhausted... i got to got to the uk for the first time from australia one month ago... went to scotland and had a monster weekend, then strait to benicasim FIB, then partyied in spain for another week, then went to standon callling festival, now im about to leave for big chill and then strait to puklepop and then the following week im working at leeds... maybe ill break down after this stint. im fukin knackered. haha

mmmm.... f**k im tired. ohhh well. see you's at puklepop haha good times.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Suprise act announced for the Marquee on Thursday night.

Trying to work out who it could be, and its definitley not any of these lot

The Prodigy | Mando Diao | The (International) Noise Conspiracy | The Subways | 2MANYDJs | Kettcar | KASABIAN | RADIOHEAD | HIGH CONTRAST | The Sounds | Enter Shikari | APHRODITE | Rise Against | Volbeat | SNITCHBROS. | Pendulum live | Mono & Nikitaman | BODY& SOUL | SKA-P | MC DAXTA | FARIN URLAUB RACING TEAM | DÙNÈ | CULCHA CANDELA | BLOC PARTY. | PETER FOX | MIA. | EAGLES OF DEATH METAL | THE TING TINGS | ANTI-FLAG | HEATHER NOVA | SELIG | POLARKREIS 18 | EDITORS | AFI | THOMAS D | GLASVEGAS | JARVIS COCKER | TOMTE | Ill SCARLETT | JELLO BIAFRA & Band | CRYSTAL CASTLES live | BODY MOVIN (DJ Friction & Thomilla) | PHILIPP STRAUB | DENNES DEEN | THE SHIT IS COMING HOME | CHROME | KROOKED | BOYS NOIZE | MSTKRFT | MASALLAH | PLATTENSPIELER TM | WRED | FUNKBERATER | DJ CHRISTIAN CANDID (Pling-Plong Klub/Klein Rec)/DJ WHYKRIZ (Pling-Plong Klub) | JET | AULETTA | LITTLE BOOTS | MARC ALMOND & Band |

My guess is Lily Allen, which'd be nice.

it wont be blur, if europes on the cards it'll be next summer doing the big fests, id wager you'll see them at roskilde, werchter, benni etc. I'd say lily allen is a strong bet, she has a gap in her tour dates and is doing lowlands the next day before coming back for V. i doubt she'd go back across to europe for a single gig. its a suitable slot for her also.

it wont be blur, if europes on the cards it'll be next summer doing the big fests, id wager you'll see them at roskilde, werchter, benni etc. I'd say lily allen is a strong bet, she has a gap in her tour dates and is doing lowlands the next day before coming back for V. i doubt she'd go back across to europe for a single gig. its a suitable slot for her also.

and does anyone want to meet up and camp? because im heading over there solo, and i know any one at all going... witch is going to be weird sortof, but i dont care really haha. be good to camp with somone who is sort of not so random? haha

All the rumours seem to be suggesting that the surprise act will be Them Crooked Vultures but it'll be interesting to see whether or not it comes out before the festival. Apparently a Dutch radio presenter said they will be playing Lowlands on Friday 21st and so that's where most of the rumours are coming from that they'll play Pukkelpop too.

There was a link on the Pukkelpop Twitter page to a Facebook account with some pictures of the site - Link. The second one is probably the clearest and shows that they have a new tent for the Boiler Room this year. In previous years many of the tents (Marquee, Dance Hall, Shelter and Boiler Room) were the sort of corporate Marquee style with proper solid walls and floor but it looks like the Boiler is a circus style tent this year. Just for reference, the Boiler Room is the tent on the left and the one on the right is the Wablief? You can also see the frame of the Dance Hall coming out of the right hand side of the Boiler Room in the second picture.

I've been lucky the last two years in that it hasn't really rained but, as the site is all grass, it would get pretty muddy if it rained for long enough. A few of the tents have covered floors and some of the main walkways have solid paths laid down but the nature of the festival and the timetable means that people stage-hop throughout the day so there's always quite a bit of traffic around the site. I do remember them putting down some straw two years ago when there was a bit of rain during one of the days but if there was a downpour it would definitely get muddy. I've never taken wellies with me and I won't be this year unless the weather forecast is for heavy rain throughout the three days.

There's been a few more photos posted up on flickr showing the site coiming together - Link. The Marquee and Dance Hall are now both up and the frame of the Shelter is in place. You can see from one of the pictures that they've rotated the Marquee round from last year and it now backs directly onto the Shelter. Hopefully they'll keep adding pictures to build up the excitment - just over a week to go now :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Really keen to go to PP next year, sadly this year is a no go. Any idea on 2010 dates yet - did some research but noted that it moved from V weekend to Readign weekend or vice versa in recent years.

Ideally I want to book travel and hotels ASAP so once it's done my mate can't change his mind (he's prone to doing so but on the plus side used to live in Hasselt and Genk so will be handy to have along!)

Enjoy the festival, I plan to join you all in 2010

It will most probably be from Thursday 19th to Saturday 21st August. The festival moves forward a day each year to the point where every 7 years or so they have to move it back a week. This is what happened this year so it's very unlikely they'll put it on from the 12th August.

However there's a rumour going round linked to an email the organisers sent out a while ago saying that as next year will be the 25th edition of Pukkelpop we can expect something spectacular. The rumour is that they may make it a 4 dayer next year as the two other major festivals in Belgium, Dour and Rock Werchter, also run for 4 days. I would email the organisers in a few weeks time and see what dates they give you.

Going this year again, with my boyfriend this time. Arriving in Belgium on the Tuesday, as a friend was nice enough to offer to put us up for the night and then take us to a train station in the morning. Very excited too, the lineup is pretty great and we haven't found all that many clashes for once. Interested to see who the special act is though, I've heard a few whispers. I love the suggestion that it could be Blur, but that's probably just wishful thinking :huh:

So I heard Placebo will not be playing, as Brian Molko has some sort of virus and fainted onstage somewhere else... something like he's been told to take six weeks' bed rest and they've cancelled the whole of their north american tour. I wonder who'll take the slot if they can't go on...

So I heard Placebo will not be playing, as Brian Molko has some sort of virus and fainted onstage somewhere else... something like he's been told to take six weeks' bed rest and they've cancelled the whole of their north american tour. I wonder who'll take the slot if they can't go on...
Edited by DiscothequeDave