Solfest 2009

Guest Mosin

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can actually manage without the showers for a few days, but Im a bit worried about my friend who is a festival virgin, and who yesterday asked me completely seriously: 'Where can I plug my hair straighteners in the tent?!!' ;)

Im currently hiding the weather forecast from her.

I can actually manage without the showers for a few days, but Im a bit worried about my friend who is a festival virgin, and who yesterday asked me completely seriously: 'Where can I plug my hair straighteners in the tent?!!' :D

Im currently hiding the weather forecast from her.

Good move :lol:

Mates leaving in an hour, meant to be going in there car but they say it may be tight, they've got an estate with roofbox, how can it be tight FFS. Some people take sooo much, they even got a fridge that runs on the car battery :lol:

I'm on the dub reggae to try and calm me down :D

Great festival, first time there (although did manage Sunday night last year, but after 27 hr flight!). Nice site, far too many rat a***d kids running/ staggering about. Very strange not having a tobacco license. Even the weather wasn't too bad (in Cumbria terms).

All in all, great fun. Especially as I only live 20 miles away!

Roll on 2010 :D

Great festival, first time there (although did manage Sunday night last year, but after 27 hr flight!). Nice site, far too many rat a***d kids running/ staggering about. Very strange not having a tobacco license. Even the weather wasn't too bad (in Cumbria terms).

All in all, great fun. Especially as I only live 20 miles away!

Roll on 2010 :D

It was our first time there & we both loved every minute. It was fantastic being able to camp next to the car & to be able to have a fire.

The arena layout was perfect, both of the 'Main Stages' having a handy gentle slope down to them allowing a perfect viewpoint from everywhere. Lots of artwork dotted around added to the atmosphere.

The loos were spotless all weekend too. Which was nice!

Great festival, we'll be back :D

Had a great time, the weather is just Solfest weather, we expect ity and anything else (like 2008) is a bonus...it was quite extreme at some points tho...I missed the worst of it as I stayed in the dance tent for loooooong periods..

I was however at the bar for 1am on Friday and saw no efests meet...therefore I never got to meet up with any of ya!! (Haha, Goblinz - the CD was even in my bag as I wandered around...)

Musical highlights for me were Diddley Squat (apparantly I hollered along to Driunken Sailor), pikey beats (very original, these guys should go far), the Orb (just coz it had been so very long) and the Sunday night Psy spectacular of Onney and Ed (Crashed before Techno Hippy as Japanese Popstars were not my thing)...

Weather meant I missed a few I was looking forward to and never saw some friends who were on site...

First time in 6 visits we have needed a tow out, got half way up to the exit and then just sank...

Roll on 2010...

And I wore something so's I could be spotted.

5773_129352302022_542972022_2858535_4687638_n.jpg

Ah.... probably wandered right past you then as I traversed the whole of the outside bit..

I did however bump into several efest ooooold faces...including Laal Hippy, Tort and Mighty Upsetter.