Solfest 2009

Guest Mosin

I think the line up is unmissable personally!!

Kula Shaker are gonna be fun, the dance tent will be stompin, the chill tent has some amazing names and is run by Michael (Mega)dog and the Drystone stage is always fantastic, that together with Weirdigans all night acoustic jam, Disco Du Fromage's new incantation and a welcome return from Shooglenifty...oh, and the mighty Dhol Foundation...and the fact that I'm gonna get to see the Orb for the first time since about 2002....I'm about fit to burst...

Come on people, Solfest is in a class of its own!!!

Never knew there was a MFG, remind me how I join again :D

Up for an efests meet, lemme know when and I will be there!! :D

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anyone participating in the fancy dress?

I met up with loads of eMessters last year, yet we all managed to avoid you, and let me tell you that was one hard mission :)

It's not too bad. Near the coast, but not too open. It can get misty, and not alot of tree cover. It can get cold at night. When it rains it rains, but the drainage is really good (very sandy). I cannot foresee a tornado, but then I have now been to 3 festvials this season that have some sort of weather related mishap (serious winds).

Showers are available for free in camping, but you will have to queue. If there's no queue it means that there's no hot water left!

HOWEVER, there are also showers available at (can't actually remember the name) Solar Earth (possibly) just near the site showers and main arena entrance. This is a solar powered affair with sauna and other stuff.

Showers are by donation, but beware, they are, "au naturelle", shall we say. I was lathering up last year and noticed some friends walking up the main drag! But they are nice showers and it's charged for on a donation basis. And go easy on the cleansing products!

Not sure if the bar does a cashback/pay-by-card facility on the cash front.