Solfest 2009

Guest Mosin

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am going to Solfest for the first time ever working at the Association of Radical Midwives Yurt.

We are very nice people :lol: and would love you to come and visit us. You can have a cup of tea and a chat, have a bellycast done (if pregnant), do some baby massage, learn about different types of babyslings or whatever else we think of doing as workshops.

We are there for advice or information or a place to chill out with a wood burning stove to dry off in front of ....not that this will be needed of course as it is AUGUST!!

So please drop in kiddies welcome too :)

Donna

• 2 weeks later...
<br />Although I have just noticed that I am on the rota as Duty Manager from 0130 - 0830 on Saturday/Sunday, so for that period, I will be dressed as a geet big monkey who also has an orange High-Viz Vest, a couple of radios and a big folder full of emergency information.<br />

Nice to hear everyone's looking forward to the festie, and hope the sun decides to shine for us - I don't know about anyone else but I've had enough mud to last a life time.

Just wanted to let you all know about what will be happening at the Ladybird Project's family area, which I'll be helping to run. We'll be welcoming kids, grown ups and everyone who reckons they fall somewhere in between into our great big red tent to join in workshops, games and activities with a different theme each day. You can buckle your swash at Friday's pirate day, find your inner clown at circus day on Saturday and let your hair down and make some noise with Sunday's carnival theme. Activities will range from treasure hunts, costume making and nautical-themed drama to circus skills, junk percussion and dance, while in the evenings we'll be creating a rip-roaring, thigh-slapping party atmosphere with cabaret acts, sea shanties and bands who sing songs about land hermit crabs. Please do drop by and join in the fun, and feel free to get in touch online or at the festival if you have an act you'd like to perform in the cabaret.

See you all soon!

Just been on the phone to a mate working plans out for getting there, well in the mood now, don't feel in the mood to do any work now though ;)

Bring it on, hope the weather sorts itself out, not too nice out there at the min.

Edited by Dobbo

Hey people - I haven't posted on here for a while. Just wondered what the music genre is in the dance tent. My main love is techno but I can cope with a variety of other stuff. :) Not been to Solfest before but I'm enthused by a forum friend who has.

well i waited and waited for the line up to improve but it just never happened, the best addition being the orb but that just wasn't enough to justify the expense of the ticket and travelling so i thought sod it and spent a few quid extra and did the big chill instead and wasn't disappointed. its a shame because a few more big names (and a few more light bulbs :) ) every year would make this festival unmissable

I think the line up is unmissable personally!!

Kula Shaker are gonna be fun, the dance tent will be stompin, the chill tent has some amazing names and is run by Michael (Mega)dog and the Drystone stage is always fantastic, that together with Weirdigans all night acoustic jam, Disco Du Fromage's new incantation and a welcome return from Shooglenifty...oh, and the mighty Dhol Foundation...and the fact that I'm gonna get to see the Orb for the first time since about 2002....I'm about fit to burst...

Come on people, Solfest is in a class of its own!!!

Never knew there was a MFG, remind me how I join again :D

Up for an efests meet, lemme know when and I will be there!! :D