The Coachella line-up and what we can infer

Guest Ddiamondd

Firstly, this is hands-down one of the greatest line-ups I have ever seen. I mean, look at it, OH MY GOD:

mainPoster.jpg

I'm practically spazzing out with joy, I may have to hotfoot it over there if I can. But that's an aside; there are some things of note which may be useful for Glastonbury this year.

Firstly, no Pavement :lol:

Secondly, My Bloody Valentine are playing. After their reunion stint last year, I thought they'd have wrapped up affairs for a considerable length of time. Turns out I was pleasingly wrong - could they snag a slot at Glasto this year? They'd be comfortable JP headliners or top 2 on Other Stage.

The third thing that sprung to mind was one of two potential British 'fourth headliners', both of which have been neglected by the rumour mill - The Cure or Morrissey?

I'm sure the line-up holds ample nuggets to get the rumour mill whirring again.

trouble is, Coachella pay a massive amount to get their headliners, something like 2 million for Prince last year.

That lineup? I'd like to see Cohen, Franti & Spearhead, M. Ward,K'naan and MBV, but other than that, i don't think there's much that floats my boat. I toyed with going over to it at one point last year, but heard nothing but terrible things about how restrictive all the rules and that were.

Thievery Corporation... Yes please!

I'm in a real bind about Coner Oberst. I really loved one Bright Eyes album, but everything else I've heard by him hasn't lived up to that and left me feeling 'meh'. I'd love to be proved wrong, and probly I'd turn up to see him though.

Los Campesinos! to headline the Pyramid.

Well, okay, maybe they won't but I'd love to see them again. Every set I've seen them play has been 48 kinds of awesome. Possibly more.

Anyway. Others? The Hold Steady, after them being announced for the Pyramid in 08 the day they were due to be supporting Devo in Philadelphia. Beirut, who would have played last year if he hadn't "stopped touring forever". Girl Talk to bring the party. Fleet Foxes, cause everyone's w*nking over their debut. f**k it, how about we just get them all?

Pretty patchy lineup really. The first day looks awesome, then it gets progressively worse. Seeing Macca and Leonard in one day would be ace though.

Coner Oberst work his magic at Glastonbury? Don't make me laugh. Last time he turned up f**ked off his face, called John Peel a cokehead, whilst headlining the stage recently and posthumously named in his honour then came out with a dirge of crap for the next hour or so. Magic? "Watch as I proceed to pull a complete f**k up of the situation out of this hat. Ta-dah!!!!!"

from that we need paul weller

Superscally

"Coner Oberst work his magic at Glastonbury? Don't make me laugh. Last time he turned up f**ked off his face, called John Peel a cokehead, whilst headlining the stage recently and posthumously named in his honour then came out with a dirge of crap for the next hour or so. Magic? "Watch as I proceed to pull a complete f**k up of the situation out of this hat. Ta-dah!!!!!""

That was 2005, which he did apologise for, he blamed on nerves because he was bumped to headline cuz Ryan Adams pulled out.

He must have been forgiven cuz he played a cracking set one afternoon on the otherstage in 2007.

Wow what a cracking line up.

And I love the word infer.

Band of Horses, Cage the Elephant, Leonard Cohen, The Killers (shh... they put on a good show!!), Amy (shh... that bloke grabbed her tit he deserved a smack), Fleet Foxes, Antony and the Johnsons... this is an endless list of excellent music.

Apart from Ting Tings and Noah and the shitting Whale.