Youngsters At Glastonbury

Guest quicky9

A quick reminder for everyone: If you think you are getting scammed, get tabard numbers.

As a whole, security are pretty good at the festival, but the scale of it means there can be some rogues (I saw some raided by Police last year). Get the info that gives you the option of reporting them. The festival organisation doesn't like rogue staff.

A quick reminder for everyone: If you think you are getting scammed, get tabard numbers.

As a whole, security are pretty good at the festival, but the scale of it means there can be some rogues (I saw some raided by Police last year). Get the info that gives you the option of reporting them. The festival organisation doesn't like rogue staff.

they searched about 4 tents because a mate was smoking a spliff outside his tent. they took poppers, maybe a ten wrap of mdma and some weed.

when they were about to leave the mate who was smoking the spliff threw another mate a grinder, on that basis ("you cant have grinders") they searched another tent and demanded to know if i had anything on me (i was in boxers!)

they were rude and aggresive and said how we were going downhill and ruining our lives by taking nos and poppers.

after they left a few neighbours complained to site staff and a dutch guy gave the mate who had his weed taken 5 spliffs. :P

we then found out that the security ppl were part of a "gang" searching younger ppls tents, taking phones and drugs then selling them on....they were found out and sacked.

only then did we find out from staff (who were very nice about the whole thing) that NO ONE CAN SEARCH YOUR TENT. :P

no offence mate but you had class A drugs there. You should think yourslef lucky you werent kicked out of the festival. Drugs arent legal just because it's glastonbury. I dont think anyone can complain about being targeted if they are openly taking illegal drugs.
Edited by Brizzle

I,m 47 and a right trouble maker :unsure:

Seriousley, we ( Mr's & I ) go every year, took our 4 kids in 2005 but hardly any trouble. Mind you last year late night early morning I was suprised at the number of young girls getting emotional due to over doing it.

We went to IOW in 06 and although that is also got a "laid back vibe" we found it a bit edgier than Glasto.

Still all in all good.

cheers

I,m 47 and a right trouble maker :unsure:

Seriousley, we ( Mr's & I ) go every year, took our 4 kids in 2005 but hardly any trouble. Mind you last year late night early morning I was suprised at the number of young girls getting emotional due to over doing it.

We went to IOW in 06 and although that is also got a "laid back vibe" we found it a bit edgier than Glasto.

Still all in all good.

cheers

no, the reason you were targeted is because your friend was openly smoking illegal drugs. They then (rightly) thought it likely that you would have more illegal drugs, which proved to be true. They did everything right from what I can see and I dont see what your age has to do with it - law breaking is law breaking.

I choose to take illegal drugs at glastonbury but if I was caught I certainly wouldnt moan about it. You take your chances. If I were you I would think myself very, very lucky not to be kicked out as they found class A's on you.

I have friends in the security team and they know nothing of a "rogue gang" that targeted young people and were subsequently sacked.

I think you are just upset you got caught breaking the law. If you are going to do the crime, be prepared to do the time

Edited by Brizzle