Bringing The Heavy

Guest .jay.

really? Then I wonder what Dave was doing at Glastonbury that year. He was there, it was said at the time, to drum with QOTSA. :P

(I didn't see them play myself, but I certainly saw Dave backstage)

they were certainly billed as that for Glasto the first year they played.

Edited by .jay.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i was never a tool fan till i saw them live....too good

ye been getting more and more into NIN over the past few months, they're finishing up next year

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/upcomi...tour_dates.html

i found something more specific mentioning the time they were in europe cant remember where it is now though

seriously check the youtube link i posted before certainly him playing the drums for them, and the glastonbury logo come up towards the end to prove correct festival...face it you've been had :P

Edited by popcornmaster

he may have been there but he has been at their gigs before and had them support him numerous times and not played drums out of respect for Joey Castillo as they are great friends and i do think it may have been Grhl that recomended him as the replacment for Gene Trautmann (who dave replaced for the recording of songs for the deaf.

were the foo's playing that year also? that would explain his reason for being there, or they may have been touring the UK at the time and went along to glasto with QOTSA as they are all good mates.

i would imagine the billing was just a mistake they took ont he queens of the stone age name in 97 they were even called that on the split album they did with Homme and Oliveri's original band Kyuss

he may have been there but he has been at their gigs before and had them support him numerous times and not played drums out of respect for Joey Castillo as they are great friends and i do think it may have been Grhl that recomended him as the replacment for Gene Trautmann (who dave replaced for the recording of songs for the deaf.

were the foo's playing that year also? that would explain his reason for being there, or they may have been touring the UK at the time and went along to glasto with QOTSA as they are all good mates.

i would imagine the billing was just a mistake they took ont he queens of the stone age name in 97 they were even called that on the split album they did with Homme and Oliveri's original band Kyuss

ermm ......you're talking crap. Dave played drums with them in 2002 @ Glasto.

Check the youtube link above for the proof.

And, while it might have been cock-up, Glasto certainly billed them as "Queens of the New Stone Age" in 1999 (the pages on this website about '99 were the official Glasto website pages, which I ran).

well find it then because i cannot, and i have always been led to believe he ahs only played live with them in the US and usually just for a few songs.

i've been into this band and Kyuss prior to them for years and have seen them a ridiculous amount of times over the years and through all their line up changes and not once have i ever seen grohl play drums for them, not even when they have all been in the same place sharing the same stage ewhich i have seen 3 times.

i was never a tool fan till i saw them live....too good

ye been getting more and more into NIN over the past few months, they're finishing up next year

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/upcomi...tour_dates.html

i found something more specific mentioning the time they were in europe cant remember where it is now though

seriously check the youtube link i posted before certainly him playing the drums for them, and the glastonbury logo come up towards the end to prove correct festival...face it you've been had :P

ermm ......you're talking crap. Dave played drums with them in 2002 @ Glasto.

Check the youtube link above for the proof.

And, while it might have been cock-up, Glasto certainly billed them as "Queens of the New Stone Age" in 1999 (the pages on this website about '99 were the official Glasto website pages, which I ran).

i'm not denying he recorded songs for the deaf, he did so after Gene Trautmann was let go he then toured with them a little for the US dates of the tour for that album but had to pull out of the European dates and Joey Castillo was brought into the bad as his replacement.

i'm actually really interested in finding some footage of him playing drums for them over here can you give me a link to the video's you found as i'm getting nowt :P

well bugger me sideways!

i stand corrected and hold my hands up.

i've never seen this little beauty of a video and was always led to believe he didn't make the european tour dates!

i've been a member on their forums for years and never seen this or even heard anything about it, and trust me they can be pretty anal over there about such things :P

does anyone know if he played the whole gig or just jumped on for a few songs like he did in some of the US dates.

well bugger me sideways!

i stand corrected and hold my hands up.

i've never seen this little beauty of a video and was always led to believe he didn't make the european tour dates!

i've been a member on their forums for years and never seen this or even heard anything about it, and trust me they can be pretty anal over there about such things :P

does anyone know if he played the whole gig or just jumped on for a few songs like he did in some of the US dates.

ooh how about isis or dream theater (damn american spelling) before pink floyd there is a good evening in front of the Pyramid. anyway not going to happen

yay for the Scouting for Klaxooks or whoever is big these days :P

ok not arsey then that was a poor choice of words let me reword it

hmmm,...... how does confrontational rude prick grab you? :P

i know i'm now resorting to name calling but it seems that's what your kinda aiming for here :D

i was just pointing out how dave may have been there with qotsa and not played because you asked

there has been times in the past when i have seen both qotsa and foo fighters play on the same bill.

As I alluded to, it was well-publicised long in advance that he'd be playing with them there.

So while you might consider yourself an expert on QOTSA, your knowledge is a very long way short. So perhaps the one being arsey is you telling others they're wrong cos you know everything about QOTSA when you plainly don't. :P

ok not arsey then that was a poor choice of words let me reword it

hmmm,...... how does confrontational rude prick grab you? :P

i know i'm now resorting to name calling but it seems that's what your kinda aiming for here :P

i was just pointing out how dave may have been there with qotsa and not played because you asked

there has been times in the past when i have seen both qotsa and foo fighters play on the same bill and dave didn't make an apperance on drums (much to my displeasure)

As I alluded to, it was well-publicised long in advance that he'd be playing with them there.

So while you might consider yourself an expert on QOTSA, your knowledge is a very long way short. So perhaps the one being arsey is you telling others they're wrong cos you know everything about QOTSA when you plainly don't. :P