Doves

Guest zahidf

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2003 great memories

watched Doves them stood up to watch the killers, all I remember was Flowers saying we are The Killers before falling flat out in a diabetic coma. mates left me as they wanted to watch the Killers, then my mate carried me out as The White Stripes came on to the bagueette stall too get loaded up on carbs, seemed to work still here to tell the tail :):O

2003 great memories

watched Doves them stood up to watch the killers, all I remember was Flowers saying we are The Killers before falling flat out in a diabetic coma. mates left me as they wanted to watch the Killers, then my mate carried me out as The White Stripes came on to the bagueette stall too get loaded up on carbs, seemed to work still here to tell the tail :lol::ph34r:

Bit of confusion about - Doves have played Glastonbury five times I reckon

1999 - Opened Other Stage on the Friday.

2000 - Headlined New Bands Stage on Sunday night

2002 - Fifth from top Pyramid on Friday

2003 - Headlined Other Stage on Sunday

2005 - Third from top of Pyramid on Friday

Obviously don't like Saturdays then :lol:

If anyone wants to hear their new single, go to here and fast forward two hours:

www.bbc.co.uk/6music/shows/roundtable

I liked it instantly and I found a lot of the last album needed repeated listens to 'get'.

There's a free song from the new album to download at their Myspace too...

Yesterday I heard the track Kingdom of Rust from the forthcoming album of the same name. It is awesome - Doves at their brilliant best. If the other tracks are as good then this bb will be shouting out for them to play.

i wouldnt put em on the JP too big for that (even having been away for so long).

Having said that, again because theyve been away for so long probably missed the boat on a headline other stage slot. but the sunset gig would do. just imagine the sun just dipping below the horizon (fingers crossed :lol: ), the sky turning a brilliant hue of orange and pink, and Doves dropping There Goes The Fear. :)

Me and the missus have seen Doves a fair few times over the years and i urge anyone and everyone to go see em. Even if you've never heard a single song by them go and see them. No matter who they may clash with, what time they on or which stage go and see them. They get no where near as much acclaim as the deserve , but thats a good thing sometimes. This will be there year i hope. You will not regret it. Not really a fan of any of the rumoured headliners but providing they dont clash with Doves i'd give all a chance. All this said they've still got to be confirmed so let all keep our fingers crossed for what would be one of the best acts on the planet.

Me and the missus have seen Doves a fair few times over the years and i urge anyone and everyone to go see em. Even if you've never heard a single song by them go and see them. No matter who they may clash with, what time they on or which stage go and see them. They get no where near as much acclaim as the deserve , but thats a good thing sometimes. This will be there year i hope. You will not regret it. Not really a fan of any of the rumoured headliners but providing they dont clash with Doves i'd give all a chance. All this said they've still got to be confirmed so let all keep our fingers crossed for what would be one of the best acts on the planet.