Doves

Guest zahidf

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i wouldnt have a problem with it - they were great when they finished off the festival (Sigur Ros before them was an ispired choice), closing with spaceface - immense!! :D

but have they been away too long (almost 4 years of no activity whatsoever - apart from 2 gigs last year) that they warrant a headline slot?

as i said, i wouldnt mind, but will the bookers?

When they closed the festival on Other stage I think 2003 they where widely spouted as the best band of the weekend & they truly where. As has been mentioned they closed with an awesome Spaceface.

I think they where 3rd or 4th on the bill on pyramid I think 06 if memory serves me right on the Sunday again.

Really really pleased to see them on the bill, love that band. Everyone should own their dvd from the eden sessions, just beautiful.

Best rumour/confirmation yet.

can i add snowden and black and white town to this list. I've managed to get all of doves albums without realising i had them all, but each album has essential tunes on them, just feel good music. Just a shame that went i saw them supporting coldplay (think it was 05?) the rain was absolutely smashing it down so we stayed in the seats and watched from afar, reckon they'd be perfect with the sun blazing though.

for anybody thats interested you can get a live demo taken from their gig at the festival hall last year (which was mighty fine ;) )

it is live but the sound quality isnt bad at all. and includes the new tracks in bold from the setlist below.

Firesuite

Snowdon

Winter Hill

Almost Forgot Myself

Pounding

Sea Song

Jetstream Rise

Break Me Gently

Kingdom Of Rust

Ambition

The Outsider

Caught By The River

There Goes The Fear

Northenden

Black And White Town

The Cedar Room

http://polish-tender-hooligan.blogspot.com/2009/01/doves-kingdom-of-rust-live-demo-2009.html

Edited by Tugger2k

for anybody thats interested you can get a live demo taken from their gig at the festival hall last year (which was mighty fine ;) )

it is live but the sound quality isnt bad at all. and includes the new tracks in bold from the setlist below.

Firesuite

Snowdon

Winter Hill

Almost Forgot Myself

Pounding

Sea Song

Jetstream Rise

Break Me Gently

Kingdom Of Rust

Ambition

The Outsider

Caught By The River

There Goes The Fear

Northenden

Black And White Town

The Cedar Room

http://polish-tender-hooligan.blogspot.com/2009/01/doves-kingdom-of-rust-live-demo-2009.html

id throw in Words, Sattelites, Catch The Sun, Sky Starts Falling, The Man Who Told Everything, Sulpher Man, Walk In Fire & Spaceface.

Ive seen them 10 times now (3 @ Glasto) and have heard all the tracks mentioned played live, and the best thing about them, and this is going to sound strange, is their ability to dissapoint set list wise.

Apart from the tour for Lost Souls i have never come out of a Doves gig less than ecstactic, but still wishing that they had dropped something else as well. Their catalogue is so big now its impossible for them to play every song i want to hear in 1 night

Edited by russycarps

yeh I agree. I guess it's a nice problem for a band to have though - too many great songs.

The worst thing is, the glasto setlist will be a fraction of the one you posted as they wont be headlining. They have the songs to headline the pyramid easily, but no chance unfortunately. Didnt they play BEFORE the killers in 2006 (I think) on the pyramid? how only had one album out? utter disgrace

Edited by Tugger2k